Stubborn back fat help, anyone?

Options
So I've lose about half the weight I'm intending to. My measurements have gone from 39-27.5-39.5 to 39-26-37.5. I'm very happy about my waist and hips shrinking but don't understand why my back hasn't followed suit. My stomach even has a bit of definition. I don't know if I just need to keep losing weight the way I am, and eventually it'll get better...but I am worried that everything else is going to shrink as before and my back will stay with it's fat roll.

When looking on the internet seems most people with bad back fat like mine, look very overweight eveywhere, where as I'm not overweight at all now -I'd just prefer to be thinner. I do pilates 3 times a week and some arm weights. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    just keep losing. Everyone has a different area that hangs onto the fat till the bitter end.
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I think someone with a 26" waist probably doesn't have too much back fat. Don't be too hard on yourself. :) It will come off eventually.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have a back fat roll that is the worst. I hate it. However, I've finally come to the conclusion that it is just part of how my body is put together. I have seen some super skinny chicks, like, an example would be Cheryl Burke from Dancing with the Stars, who don't have back rolls, but do have a tuck at their waist in the back.... and I think if I was super skinny, that is what I would look like. So -- I just deal with my back fat and buy shirts that won't cling to it. But I get you. I hate it. Mine looks better the more weight I lose, so I guess I would say, either embrace it or keep losing! But it is probably just how your body is structured!
  • laffytaffy999
    laffytaffy999 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :)! I just googled Cheryl Burke and that's made me feel so much better! My mum did try and tell me it was a family thing - that my aunt had backfat even when was quite underweight with cancer... but I kind of thought maybe my aunt was skinny-fat because obviously she wasn't exercising in that state. However, doing exercise is part of Cheryl's living and see what you mean about her back! Thank you for making me feel like I'm not the only one :)

I am trying to come to terms that it may never look nice enough to wear something with a low back (and tell myself it'd be hard to pull off with boobs anyway) but I would still like some improvement and I guess I don't know how to have faith that it will shrink (when it hasn't so far).
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure when mine disappeared. I lost quite a bit of fat in my arms and legs that I wasn't even aware I had before I saw much in the way of changes where I knew I needed to lose it. Then I blinked and it was mostly gone.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I had back fat until I went down to 130. I'm 5'2" and I thought it would never depart! Now I'm 125 and I've been as low as 122, but 130 was where it bid me a final farewell. My waist is 26,
    my hips are 37, and I'm 36 up top.
    Just have patience-you're almost there!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, fat doesn't let you choose where to lose it! I'm just glad with the little bit of weight that I've lost so far that I no longer look like an over-aged preggo.