when you hit a wall...

Options
for some reason I can not define, I am having a week of struggle. I am sticking to plan and exercising everyday with no disruption. But mentally, I feel..idk..defeated. Maybe because even though I have lost almost 100lbs in 2 years I know I still have 50 to go and it seems impossible. please know I am not complaining, or whining, just wondering what others do when they feel weary of the constant focus on weight. thanks for any support :)

Replies

• mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have come such a long way...amazing! I'd focus on how I feel in the smaller sized clothes, focus on the change in the way you look...hopefully that takes the focus away from the number on the scales. Keep up the great work xx
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Do something loving for yourself. A nice bath with candles, a massage, a play, some treat to acknowledge all that you have accomplished. Take a few minutes to tell yourself you've done a great job. Think about your improvements in fitness, in discipline, in knowledge, rather than the number on the scale.

Also go ahead and try to pick up 100 pounds' worth of anything to remind yourself that the work is worth it in the end, that the rewards are real. Really let yourself remember what it was like before. Not how you looked but only how you FELT. Do you feel better now?

<3 You're definitely not alone in those feelings. Breathe, too, you're ok!
  • suzeequu
    suzeequu Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have come such a long way...amazing! I'd focus on how I feel in the smaller sized clothes, focus on the change in the way you look...hopefully that takes the focus away from the number on the scales. Keep up the great work xx
    thank you !!
  • suzeequu
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Do something loving for yourself. A nice bath with candles, a massage, a play, some treat to acknowledge all that you have accomplished. Take a few minutes to tell yourself you've done a great job. Think about your improvements in fitness, in discipline, in knowledge, rather than the number on the scale.

Also go ahead and try to pick up 100 pounds' worth of anything to remind yourself that the work is worth it in the end, that the rewards are real. Really let yourself remember what it was like before. Not how you looked but only how you FELT. Do you feel better now?

<3 You're definitely not alone in those feelings. Breathe, too, you're ok!

feeling better is far more rewarding than how i look you got that right sister!! Its funny, if I had to pick up 100 lbs I wouldnt be able to, but my joints, my heart, my SOUL was carrying it. I wish I had done this so long ago when I was much younger. being 51.. sometimes I feel like I the finish line is out of reach. It is amazing how strangers words can uplift me so !! thank you for the hug :)

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm going to follow this thread. I'm hovering around my goal weight and am feeling defeated too. I have no idea why! I've found myself "sneaking" extra bits of cheese here and there. I'll overweigh my jelly beans and think, "oops! A few more won't hurt".

I'm really trying to stay focused but for some reason it's become difficult lately.
  • suzeequu
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    I'm going to follow this thread. I'm hovering around my goal weight and am feeling defeated too. I have no idea why! I've found myself "sneaking" extra bits of cheese here and there. I'll overweigh my jelly beans and think, "oops! A few more won't hurt".

I'm really trying to stay focused but for some reason it's become difficult lately.
    I am an emotional eater..whether happy , sad, etc. this week I am just kinda down in general for no identifiable reason. it will pass..i just needed to share it to get it out of my head sometimes.