help! motivation needed

Options
Looking to make new friends for motivational purposes. I'm looking to lose 50lbs to start off. But I find it very hard to work out after a long day at work and dealing with school work with my child. Exhausted by the end of it all. What do you do to help with similar issues. Thank you :)

Replies

• drewchiu1
    drewchiu1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a journey and a commitment to yourself. Start with adjusting your eating habits and slowly implement your workouts. Time is a factor for all of us so maybe you can start with walks with your child. As your energy level increases try doing HIIT workouts, start with 10min a day and work up to 20min or even 30min.
  • amgibson1980
    amgibson1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one, and I've certainly been there. I definitely think planning physical activities with your child will help--going on walks, a trip to the park, etc. Perhaps if you are doing it with your child and are getting time with him/her, the exhaustion won't be as hard to overcome. You could also try planning an activity in the morning before you are so worn out.
    If homework time is exhausting because your child doesn't like to do it, then perhaps you can make a game of that, which will help you and help him/her be more motivated to do the work. For instance, you can say, "Alright, we are going to play a game. Do you want to see mommy be really silly? Okay, for every problem you answer correctly, mommy has to do 10 jumping jacks." I don't know what age your child is, but that could be fun. You could even have him/her decide your exercise from a list of exercises. Hope that helps!
  • joe3052
    joe3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree. You always want to ease into it. I was really fit five years back. Then fell into some bad habits and lost control of my body. Starting this year I am determined to get back to where I was, and not for a "beach body"(although that would be nice) I'm doing it for myself to feel better and my daughter. So back in January I started changing my diet. I work 8 to 12 hours days monday through friday. There were days I would eat greasy fast food twice a day. Snacking on chips and drinking soda to get through the day. First you have to set yourself up for a healthier lifestyle. I started eating healthy with bad meals here and there but after 2 months I was pretty much eating clean and healthy. Then I slowly got into working out, had a couple set backs with injuries because my muscles aren't strong enough yet but I take the proper time to recover and get back into it. I'm still working on building muscles and cardio endurance but I'm heading in the right direction. Surround yourself with positive people who have similar goals and you'll see how effective that can be.