Alcohol Calories ;/ Bummer!!

Options
Not my first time here but gained some serious weight so I am back. Hopefully it sticks this time. I find that most of my weight is probably Coronas, Red Wine, Mix Drinks on top of the appetizers :'( Cold world!! I find it extra hard to control my urge to eat when i drink. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• maxdwh
    maxdwh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sure do! I'm actually dreading this happening tomorrow night when I go out with my friends! Be strong!
  • Cesnoddon
    Cesnoddon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do. Im from a huge family of social people and with social life usually comes drinking and parties and snacks. But recently I have found that eating a small dinner before the social event or even just a stay at home night with the girls or hubby helps me stay within my calorie goal. By eating a smaller dinner before the event it saves the calories for the alcohol or food and I have less to work off at the gym. If your looking for something to snack on during the gathering I have found that baby cucumbers are surprisingly filling and they are low in calories. Fruit always seems like a good idea but keep in mind fruit contains a lot of natural sugars. I also love to eat while I drink but I have also found that it's not because I'm really all that hungry its mostly it seems like a thing to do, the cucumbers come in handy that way too. I always have a small pack of them on hand for drinking nights.
  • mesmerize35
    mesmerize35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great tip! Cucumbers...my issue is at home..me n my Husband love to hang out at home have some drinks watch movies. I don't even have to leave home. I think I have to cut out alcohol all together until I drop the weight, I think I'm ready for the challenge. Support goes along way that's why I'm here :)
  • mesmerize35
    mesmerize35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    maxdwh wrote: »
    Sure do! I'm actually dreading this happening tomorrow night when I go out with my friends! Be strong!

Good luck, I'm sure you can do it! I think when I get to buzz I don't care what I eat unfortunately
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Not my first time here but gained some serious weight so I am back. Hopefully it sticks this time. I find that most of my weight is probably Coronas, Red Wine, Mix Drinks on top of the appetizers :'( Cold world!! I find it extra hard to control my urge to eat when i drink. Does anyone else have this problem?

when you consume alcohol, your blood sugar drops...this signals your brain that you need to eat. add to that, your inhibitions go out the window.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope.. I make alcohol fit into my day.
  • joe3052
    joe3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Of course the best solution would be to cut out the alcohol however in my case that's just not realistic. Sometimes I just want to relax, watch a game, and have a drink. It's extremely tough but you have to learn when enough is enough. I've struggled with this at times but for the most part I can have one and stop. Red wine in moderation is not so bad, and mix drinks such as vodka tonic or vodka club soda or drinking straight is also no too bad. Other then the obvious damage it does to your liver and time it takes for your body to get rid of that toxin.
  • kristenonly
    kristenonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've put on 30+ lbs in 10 months from red wine, and late night eating. I decided to cut alcohol out for a while too. So many calories, so much sugar. Friend me if you want!
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think cutting out alcohol would be a good idea until you achieve your goal. Then you can go back to a drink or two and cut calories out somewhere else or exercise more. That's the way I did it, and it worked for me. Or maybe cut back to once a week, and have a spurge night.
  • Cesnoddon
    Cesnoddon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great tip! Cucumbers...my issue is at home..me n my Husband love to hang out at home have some drinks watch movies. I don't even have to leave home. I think I have to cut out alcohol all together until I drop the weight, I think I'm ready for the challenge. Support goes along way that's why I'm here :)

Like most ppl have said it will depend on what you drink. Coolers like mikes hard lemonade (my weakness) are not good. Because im not a straight drinker and my husband doesn't drink wine so we usually mix canberry juice with raspw vodka. We use a 100% Canberry juice or organic to cut down on sugar. I also cut back, I drink about once every two weeks or so. I might have a glass of wine at the end of the work day once in a while but drinking for fun I have really cut back on.