Tips to avoid over eating?

Options
I am doing so good and working hard at the gym 6 days a week, but I feel like I pretty much cancel it all out bc I snack SO MUCH. I am totally a comfort/stress/emotional eater and I am having the hardest time not giving in. Especially at night. Any tips or tricks? Because I know that until I fix this problem, I'm not going to see any results

Replies

• GrandmaCarole
    GrandmaCarole Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Eat high protein, high fiber to control appetite. I snack when I am in pain so I relate. Having fruit handy and pre measuring the servings in sandwich bags helps me limit myself. Dried apples are crunchy and dried apricots are chewy. Otherwise fresh fruit helps or pop corn with no butter. Some put grated cheese on it for flavor but count that, too.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try pre-logging your days to include a snack late night.
  • joe3052
    joe3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on greek yogurt, fruit (apples, oranges, banana), vegetables (celery, carrots, edamames), beef jerky, almonds, there is all kinds of healthy snacks you can eat all day. As for late at night if I need to I'll usually only snack on low calorie low carb snacks, like celery or light mozzarella string cheese.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    If your frenzy happens at night, stop eating breakfast and eat a late lunch. Measure your night calories. You will be fine.
  • kskinnyperfect
    kskinnyperfect Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I do fine till around 8 at night and then I want to eat whatever I see. I try to save 350-400 calories for after 8 which allows me to get something sweet or chocolatey in and it helps me sleep better.
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy fats and proteins, they are more satiating that carbs.

Drink a lot of water.
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem- especially at night. What works for me is to not keep snacks/desserts in the house. I have food in the house, but I don't buy things in bulk that I know I have a hard time controlling myself with. That's not to say I don't eat those things- I totally do- I just go to the store and buy a single serving.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I started skipping breakfast so that I have calories left at night. I'm less hungry overall and I get to eat more when I feel like it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Or save the calories.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Water Water Water! Water has definitely helped me with my snacking... I always thought I was hungry but 9 times out of 10 I'm just thirsty.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just fill up on water! I don't let myself eat anything after dinner, just water. And I'm always fine.