Follow me if you want

Options
matthewfarr
matthewfarr Posts: 12 Member
Well I've tried dieting a number of times but never stuck to it. But now I have a goal and a reason to stick to it. I will be updating this post daily or at worst every other day I will include what excersise I have done and what food I have eaten Along with weekly weight.

A bit about me:- I own a pub for a living, havnt done any excersise for roughly 3 years and I weigh 128kg I'm 5ft 10 and I am classes as obese. Target weigh for goal by end of 12 weeks is 114kg
Ultimate goal is 90kg
Will update body fat and muscle mass including mesurments once I have them tomorrow

so I started off on Monday with a gym session a nice and easy routine to get me back In to excersise I was told lol and it went like this:-

5minute warm up on bike

4 x 15 squats (only body weight)

4 x 10 bench press starting with bar only and increasing 2.5kg each set so finished with 27.5kg on last set

5 minute interval training on bike 30 seconds gear 7 steady pace, 30 seconds gear 17 hill climb, 30 seconds gear 7 steady pace and 30 full speed on gear 7 repeat untill the 5 minutes are up

5 minute of intervals on rower gear 7 (30 seconds flat out and 30 seconds steady pace)

then to finish off 2 x 30 seconds on heavy punch bag with 30 second rest and 2 x 30 on speed ball with 30 seconds rest

food for the day was missed breakfast due to not going shopping untill the afternoon

lunch was 1 x half roast chicken

dinner :- 1 x 3 egg omlate with 1 piece of ham and 1 tomato

also 3000ml of water.

also in addition to the gym my daily step count was 6989

target for Tuesday 19th of May:-

10,000 steps

20minute walk or 30 minute swimming

3 meals

Feel free to follow me, follow my blog or send me a friend request

Pictures updated tomorrow

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Well done. I was in a similar position last October, although my loss has been far slower than your target. I'm 15kg down now.
    I'll be following your thread, good luck!
  • matthewfarr
    Options
    Thanks very much I will try and update at least once a day and also will
    Update pictures of how I look now either later today or tomorrow morning
  • matthewfarr
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi all,

sorry for the late update been a mad day today work wise. So I will keep this one short and sweet.

food was:-

breakfast - 3 egg omlate, 1 whole tomato and 1 green tea,

lunch - 1 fried egg in olive oil and 2 sausage

dinner - 1/2 roast chicken total calories eaten = 1,409

gym day today:-

my 2nd gym session my legs, chest and shoulders where very sore this morning but heyho get back in the gym.

1) started with 5 min warm up on bike,

2) 4 x 15 body squats

3) 4 x 10reps on bench press (2 sets with just the bar and last 2 sets with bar and an extra 2.5kg so total weight 22.5kg) reason weight is light is because I have never done weights in my life and my upper body strength is next none so starting with the basics.

4) another 5 minutes steady pace on bikes to get the legs moving as they where feeling a bit sore and cramping

5) 30second intervals on rower( 30 seconds flat out level 7 target was to achieve over 100meters each interval at full pace avergae distance was 115 meters of the 5 sets with 30 second rest in between)

6) 30 seconds on heavy punch bag 30 seconds off 30 seconds on pads 30 seconds off repeat 6 times

toral work out time 45 minutes

total steps for the day 7,909

speak to you all again tomorrow

You can follow my blog here :- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/matthewfarr
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Well done fella, great start. Personally, I'd be looking to add carbs, fruit and veg to that diet to bring your calories up as well as for the nutrients, fibre etc.
    If it helps at all, I'm taking in nearly 3000/day although I burn a fair bit with cardio, and I'm still dropping weight. I may have to raise my calories even higher if Sunday's weigh-in shows as big a drop as last weeks.
    Ultimately though, you have to take the path that works for you, long term, and I'm totally not qualified to comment on diet!
    Not sure how to follow a blog, so I'll ping you a friends request if that's OK.
    Great effort on the workout, I think you're on exactly the right path keeping the weights low and building up. As a bloke, it's all too tempting to try and push too much, too soon, then end up with an injury that sets you back 3 weeks. I have no shame in my light weights lifting!