Ahhh - Vent

Options
Yesterday was a great day. Went to a retirement party for a co-worker and the boss' wife pulled me aside and said you've lost some weight...you look great> I said tahnks....its really been an consiencous effort, thank you for noticing. she asked how much weight I'd lost and I told her and she said again how great. Really boosted the self asteem!
Today...spring cleaning my closet kind of getting ready for a yard sale and so depresssed at 26lbs lost Im still wearing the same size I wore three months ago when I started this journey not becuase I have to but becuase they are the right size. I have smaller clothes in my closet to wear when I get there...I just havent gotten there yet :( knowing that you have clothes that range in size from size 12 - size 18(current) hanging in your closest is a real downer.

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazingly....do you realise how much weight 26lb is? Honestly, you should be feeling extremely proud. Losing weight is a funny thing...not many people noticed until I'd lost 28+ lbs and then everytime I saw them they would say "wow...you've lost weight again"....even if I had only lost a few pounds.

You'll soon be donating those clothes...just keep up the great work! I have read in several published journals that your body initially loses weight around vital organs and then starts on external fat...my weight loss reflects this...once I had lost 30lbs, I went down dress sizes very quickly.

Keep up the great work...you'll soon see the results xxx :flowerforyou:
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    26 is nothing to sniff at. and focus on how your clothes fit, rather thn pounds lost. You may have gained muscle from your physical activities.
  • roseannericke
    roseannericke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Beauty and health are not determined by your pant size...think of the accomplishment you have achieved this far!!! If you keep at it you will be at the weight AND size you're aiming for!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!keep focused on the long term goals.Don`t let any negative feelings get in your way to success.you can do this.It`s a 1 day at a time commitment.
    jane :flowerforyou:
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Size shouldn't matter right now. Sizes vary... stretchiness (if that is a word) could vary. Be happy the scale is moving in the correct direction.
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    you've done very well! be proud! :bigsmile: we're about at the same weight loss. add me so we can work together :flowerforyou:
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    She has foot n mouth disease !
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting me whine. Even more thank you for all of your support and encouraging words. Some days are harder than others. Just sick with myself that I ever let myself get this big. Im on the right track now. I have to keep doing what Im doing. Fat didnt happen over night skinny wont happen over night either...thanks again!
  • abnmom3
    abnmom3 Posts: 4
    Options
    You are doing such an amazing job! And I am so proud I get to work out with you! We got this! :)
  • waterfallaus
    Options
    Thank you for that info I will keep it in mind. So many of us want to see fast results and even when you loose 15 lbs and think you should be seeing it and don't I will remember it is all the fat around my arteries and keep going! I needed that!!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    26lbs is amazing in three months you are rocking it. If you are like me, I was wearing my clothes too tight and now at 27 lbs lost I just finally got into the next size down in jeans, but only if I don't breathe. So be patient the wardrobe will follow keep going, 26lbs three months thats really good, be proud!
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    26 pounds is not small feat! Just think what it took to get there, you're doing great! Keep it up!
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You are doing such an amazing job! And I am so proud I get to work out with you! We got this! :)

Thanks Janelle..Im glad I get to work out with you girls too...you guys are just what I need...Thank you for the support and encouragement...you're right "We got this!" ;)