If you don't have anything nice to say....

Options
Remember when your Mom used to tell you that, well it still applies! Here's what one of my friends said to me today:

Her: You look great, your face has finally caught up with your body!
Me: What does that mean?
Her: Well, when you first lost so much weight your face sagged, you know, it looked like the skin was drooping.....now it looks healthy and athletic!
Me: Okay then.

I couldn't muster a thank you for that left handed compliment. What went through my mind was what Mom used to say: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Girl you are betta than me because I probably would have went off on her, LOL God's still working on me with that one but you did good with that one, believe me!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    She has foot n mouth disease !
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Coils, we were in church! The Lord was testing me and I didn't want to fail:noway:
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    It amazes me the things people say and have not clue how inappropriate they are. I would have gone off on them as well! You are a far better person than I!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I would have lost it big time no matter where I am! Some people are just plain rude!!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You passed the test, and that is what matters. There will always be people in our lives who do and say things that leave us shaking our heads. At least you didn't give her the satisfaction of responding in any way that would reward her boorish behavior.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That really was haters talk!! By her comments was letting you about her true inner being. So sad oh well, to me you look marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It boggles the mind just trying to fathom the depths of some people's cluelessness.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    It kinda sounds like good news bad news Good news.... You look great ........... Good news ....... your face has finally caught up with your body ......... Bad News........ when you first lost so much weight your face sagged, you know, it looked like the skin was drooping...... Good news........... .now it looks healthy and athletic! ..... Yay..... you look healthy and Athletic....... alls well that ends well
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Wow, I'm proud of you. I know in your head you must've been thinking WHAT??? Lol. I honestly think that people don't even think when they open their month.
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    at 71 lbs lost you have made a GREAT accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!! She's probably just jealous that she doesn't have the courage to do all the work you did! don't let em get to u! :smile:
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    That really was haters talk!! By her comments was letting you about her true inner being. So sad oh well, to me you look marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Taz!
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    She has foot n mouth disease !

:laugh:
  • yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    Good job keeping your cool girlie!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine the type of person that needs to say something like that!

Some people....................!! :huh: