Just signed Up. Need Motivation

Options
Hi All. I am Shannon. 27 single mom of a 7yr old. Over the last two years I have put on about 20-25 lbs, and with almost everyone, am not happy about it. I will admit I did not eat healthy and little to no exercise. So yes it is my fault. I have always had a good metabolism but it seems to be slowing down. I have been working on weight loss for about 2 weeks now. My body is going up and down. One day I am down the next I am up plus some. It is really frustrating. I have cut my portions, find healthier alternatives, have a meal replacement shake one to two times a day. I need more exercise but it is hard going to a gym (with a kid and I cant afford it) I am open to suggestions on how to get active. I also work the 8-5 so by the time I get home I do not have a lot of time between cooking dinner, homework and bedtime. I would love some recipes that are quick and easy and I can make with what I have in the pantry, also some friends to help keep me motivated and not give up when the scale goes up to.

Replies

• vhidal
    vhidal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Not only is the gym out of budget also just finding the time to get there is another challenge with kids. But what has worked for me so far is at home workouts. No equipment is needed just your own body weight resistance to build muscle.
  • ShannoNoel
    ShannoNoel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank You. What type of work outs do you do? I see you are rocking it working toward your goal!
  • lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Lots of great exercises to do at home. If you're as out of shape as I was I started with this routine: http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/workout

Cans of food make good weights to start with as well.

Don't worry about daily weight fluctuations! It's natural and normal. I weight 1-3 lbs more at night than I did when I woke up. My official weigh in is in the AM right after I pee :). I do weigh daily as I want to know the impact of yesterday's activities. But many people freak out over gaining 2-3 lbs in 24 hours, so it's not for everyone.

Here is my daily weight chart for the last 90 days:
    ucui2xmxsl44.jpg

Pretty happy that it goes down! But notice all the daily spikes up? And the LONG damn plateau from late March to April? Again totally normal. You'll have similar frustrations. Just stick with it.
  • clcclc2005
    clcclc2005 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try to only once a week to help advoil frustration. But I can't do it my self I weight in every other day