Struggling with PCOS

Options
hobohair
hobohair Posts: 4 Member
Hello!
It's wonderful to see so many friendly people online! I'm here not to diet, but to learn to eat healthier and learn to love eating healthier! I want a lifestyle change to help manage my PCOS and hopefully be able to have children when the right guy finally shows up. Can anyone else relate? Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• dewey836
    dewey836 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me. My daughter has PCOS so I can relate a bit. She has 3 kiddos by the way
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm gonna send you a friend request. I have pcos too and am familiar with the struggle.
  • areza95
    areza95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS it sucks when you wanna lose weight like I do. It's so hard. But since yesterday I decided it's time to work on it.
  • UnicornInTheMaking17
    UnicornInTheMaking17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have pcos as well, I lost 40 lbs in 4 months using this app and a workout program. Then I got pregnant! Unfortunately I gained about 60 lbs during and after :( I recently decided to work on it again, so here I am! It's been 2 weeks and I'm down 6 lbs already. I would love to have some friends that have pcos too! Add me!
  • MrsRLA2014
    MrsRLA2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well hello Ladies!!!!!!! I have PCOS and have had it since the age of 17 but was not diagnosed until 2 years ago. I have always had yo-yoing weight no matter how well I ate or how much and consistently I exercised. The struggle is real and so is the societal pressure. I am a newlywed and newly military so the stresses of the constant relocation have shaken me and I have the pounds to prove it. I'm looking for people to connect with and work with to get these pounds gone and be a healthier me.

I have a Garmin as well if any of you'd ladies would like to link up. Add me and let's keep each other encouraged.
  • Carissa143
    Carissa143 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! I'm 32 years with no children. I was just diagnosed with PCOS. I am overweight but not really trying to have children at this time. I was having irregular periods and diabetes runs in my family. My doctor suggested I try to loose about 15 pounds if not more. In addition, My doctor prescribed me metformin and am on the second week, taking it twice a day (500mg x2) eventually getting up to 1500mg. In addition, my doctor wants me to go on the south beach diet which is a low carb diet which you eat certain foods in different phases. Basically you start out eating lean meats, vegetables, and low fat dairy. Anyways now that I'm taking 1000 mg of metformin I find myself feeling nauseous and not wanting to eat anything. I just made a salad and took a few bites before I felt like I was gonna throw up. I take it in the morning with breakfast and in the evening with dinner. I just don't know how to eat without feeling sick from the metformin. This is only the second week I've been on the metformin. I just don't know how I am going to be able to take it three times a week starting next week if I feel so sick taking 1000 mgs this week. Those of you taking metformin- what kinds of foods do you eat while on this medication to avoid the nausea? Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks!
    Carissa