Always feeling fat.

Options
Hey every one. I am 5'9" and I started my journey at 165 lbs. after a six month struggle I am now down to 148lbs. Although I lost almost 20 lbs I still look in the mirror and feel gooey and fora know better words fat. Any body else have the same issue? I'm struggling to find happieness in my new body.

Replies

• StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I always think I look fat
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm in maintenance, but I still have a decent amount of fat, so yeah I feel fat sometimes. That being said, it may be my new body but it's not finished yet, so I try to keep my head up.
  • joe3052
    joe3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Since you see your body ever day it's hard for you to see the difference. Day by day your eyes adjust to your wieght lose or body size. If you see someone that hasn't seen you since before you lost 20 pounds then I'm sure they would notice. Keep at it! 20 pounds in 6 months is awesome!
  • EmilyRose13084
    EmilyRose13084 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I just didn't know if this feeling was normal
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Sure. It's totally normal. Some days I feel like a million bucks...other days *meh* and *ugh* Like another person said, you see yourself every day so it's hard to see changes. Find some old pics, take some new ones. Put them side by side. It helped me realize how far I've come...
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 132 and the mirror still f****s me up. Photos help!
  • mianineteen87
    mianineteen87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It takes time to adjust to seeing a new image in the mirror. Honestly your height and new weight sound very good to me! I am 5'3 and 134lb I'm just solid. But for my height I am 'over weight', don't let stigmas effect you either. Everyone's body is different and we tend to be very harsh to ourselves, which is not good! Cut yourself some slack! Look how far you've already come! ☺️
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The mind takes a lot more time to adjust than our bodies unfortunately. I still don't see how small I am compared to what I was. I am a bit confused by how small I look in pictures because I still don't feel it lol