College and Kids

Options
MLHC1
MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
I'm a full time college student, mother of three, and a wife to a business owner. Needless to say, time is my biggest concern. During school semester's, I find myself staying up late, eating whatever I can to make it through the day, and stressing out about the lack of exercise in my schedule. Over the last two semesters, I have not been able to figure out a routine that fits into my schedule. I have been working out routinely for the last two years and these past two semesters it seems like I have "burnt" myself out. Now it's summer break and I find myself unmotivated to get back in my exercise routine. This is a struggle I didn't see coming. I am usually a highly self-motivated person but find myself in this struggle. I would greatly appreciate any advice or opinions in regards to my concerns. I look forward to reading your responses. {Thank you for taking the time to read my discussion post.}

Replies

• sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I sympathize with you, having a little one (only one, however) myself is hard enough with a FT job. However, if I were you I would think about possibly doing some at home workouts or something during your busiest times just to get something done. Finding time for the gym isn't always going to be possible. Just do your best, make it happen, and feel good about it! You'll find it within if you really want it. Remember this: Someone busier than you is in the gym right now, getting their *kitten* done. You can as well.

Good luck!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    yup just get in there and lift some heavy *kitten*
  • LJgfg
    LJgfg Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's hard to come back after a burn-out. And as a fellow mom of six, almost full-time employee, as well as a wife, volunteer and former student - trust me - burn out is real. I'd suggest trying to make your exercise time your "play" time instead of a routine. Don't even attempt to track any numbers at first - just take time to enjoy doing something you like that is active - hike, swim, bike, yoga, dance. You've probably have / have had enough deadlines and to-do's - make it all about play and "me" time. Maybe try something like indoor rock climbing even - something that you haven't tried before. Once you recover a bit from the semester, you'll probably be ready to get an official routine in place - but for now, my advice is just to "play".
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    That's awesome advice
  • kenestrick1
    kenestrick1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    And don't forget to think out of the box. Almost anything can be exercise. Running around with the kids. Carrying a basket of groceries instead of pushing a cart. Walk the stairs instead of taking an elevator. If the kids are young put them in stroler and run/walk around the neighborhood. Just try to think of ways to make everyday things more physical.