No more sweet tooth

Options
I use to have the worst sweet tooth! Cake, ice cream, pie, chocolate you name it I craved it in a daily basis. Since I started my fruits and veggie smoothies in the morning I haven't had any urges for sweets. It was tough in the beginning but I fought those urges with a piece of fruit or sugar free jello cups! Now I have no desire for any of it

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    And how long have you been doing this? Great if this works for you. I'm not sure life would be worth living myself.
  • GailZunker
    GailZunker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for 8 weeks now! It was really really tough in the beginning because I literally craved sweets daily so I needed to change!
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    Whatever works! I am OCD about logging everything and rarely going over my calorie level so I find it completely possible to eat one and only one Peppermint Patty mini every night before going to bed.
  • karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For me I have experienced the same thing. I believe we crave what we eat. If we make a habit of eating foods that are good for us, that is what we crave. I used to crave cookies, chocolate, pies, etc. I really don't that much anymore. I just choose to eat healthy and that is what I crave.
  • GailZunker
    Options
    That's great you have that will power to stop at one
  • GailZunker
    Options
    I agree Karensuegill
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    We each do what works for us. You have found something that works for you.

I have been a sugar addict for years. But I have not cut out sugar.

What I have done is changed how I consume sugar. I used to have a slice of cake fairly often. Now, I will get a mini cupcake if I crave cake. I would eat a regular sized chocolate bar, now I eat one mini.

I have a piece of chocolate with lunch each day. I have some type of dessert each night (usually yogurt).

So far (since May 13, 2014) I have lost 69.4 pounds. I have not given up anything, other than watching my sodium intake and simply making small tweaks to the way I eat. Tracking and measuring portions is a big help.
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    I wouldn't if I weren't obsessive about logging. I often freeze treats in small portions and thaw out only what I plan to eat that day. It helps with the urge to want more. I also constantly remind myself of my long term health goals.
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    Besides, I just cannot stomach those green smoothies. Everything about them makes me nauseated. So like I said, to eat his own!