Can't gym.

Options
So I'm home for only the summer and I can't get a gym membership. Any at home workouts that you guys reccomend that actually will show results from experience.

Thanks.

Replies

• yourstrulynancy
    yourstrulynancy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I workout at home I don't hit up a gym but yourself some weights like 5-10 pounds and put youtube on ur smart tv and look for work out videos if u inbox me I could give u my youtube gmail I have a ton of playlist i work out at home 5 days a week wit my toddler in her play pen it can be done , but you'll b e doing mostly military stuff like jumping jacks squats lunges it can be done you just have to look for ways
  • marky1965
    marky1965 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Try doing tabata sets. Pick 4 exercises eg: sit ups, Burpees, air squats & push ups. Do 20s work and 10 s rest for each exercise and complete 8 rounds of it. In 16 minutes you are done and will be knackered.
  • chrisssam
    chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I lost 18 pounds doing insanity max 30... Add me
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    And there's always running... get good shoes, lace up, head out front door. Cheap, good cardio, excellent for your heart, lungs, and mind.
  • mianineteen87
    mianineteen87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bike. Honestly. I have never, will never join a gym. My body is from always moving. Making 'exercise' a natural part of my life, it's nothing I've 'added' into my routine it's just there. If there are any trails around you, take a run in there, hook up the music, go flying.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    marky1965 wrote: »
    Try doing tabata sets. Pick 4 exercises eg: sit ups, Burpees, air squats & push ups. Do 20s work and 10 s rest for each exercise and complete 8 rounds of it. In 16 minutes you are done and will be knackered.

Very solid.

Do you have dumbbells, OP? With some handles and plates you can do pretty much everything but a pull-down movement.

• Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    All of these are great suggestions. If you do want to join a gym a lot of gyms have a student special for the summer it's usually for like 3 months or something along those lines and its much cheaper than if you were to buy a whole year. I would ask around to your local gyms and see if they have anything