FitBit

Options
Does anybody use a FitBit? Is it worth buying one?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • danielle_vsg
    danielle_vsg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I recently just bought the flex. I absolutely love it. Keeps me accountable and I love seeing how I am doing in the app. Do your research and you can also check out YouTube for some reviews.
  • daniellejm893
    daniellejm893 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Had my charge HR for 2 days now and I'm obsessed !
  • MaryKayMariela
    MaryKayMariela Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really love it. I'm a visual person and seeing the stats keeps me going. And it's great when you have friends on there and do challenges.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am trying to decide whether to buy the charge HR.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I am trying to decide whether to buy the charge HR.

I love mine—I upgraded from the Flex because it has a secure buckle. Buy one at a store near you, keep the receipt, and return it if you don't like it.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes, and yes :P
  • LashaMonique
    LashaMonique Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Perfect I went into best buy and seen that they had so many different ones, majority of my coworkers have fitbit's so I was trying to decide which one was the best.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Which model you choose is entirely a matter of personal preference—and price. Some track your sleep. Some have a heart-rate monitor. They all calculate your TDEE (aka your maintenance calories), they all sync with MFP, and Fitbit challenges are great motivation.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have had my Flex for approximately a year. Still keeps me motivated...and even when I'm not working out, it still keeps me accountable because I have a visual on how LITTLE I am moving (so I know I have to make it up later).
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Had my force for over a year, I love it when I get the 10,000 step vibration before the sun comes up!
  • jernegj
    jernegj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently bought Fitbit One, which clips on pants or bra, because I had difficulty closing the wrist clasp on other models. I really like Fitbit! It's motivated me to walk much more than before!
  • kutiekai007
    kutiekai007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just bought the flex about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! It tracks everything and It syncs so easily with mfp. I love it. I hesitated for the 1st hour about whether the money was worth it or not but since then I have not even thought twice. It is incredible!!!
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Love my charge HR. Find myself using the stairs more often and walking whenever I can to get my numbers up.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    jernegj wrote: »
    I recently bought Fitbit One, which clips on pants or bra, because I had difficulty closing the wrist clasp on other models. I really like Fitbit! It's motivated me to walk much more than before!

The Flex clasp is fiddly, but the Charge HR has a buckle just like a watch.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Silly question but if it calculates your maintenance calories and you are tracking on MFP to lose say 1 lb per week...how does that work? Does it affect anything for logging, etc?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Silly question but if it calculates your maintenance calories and you are tracking on MFP to lose say 1 lb per week...how does that work? Does it affect anything for logging, etc?

Your default MFP goal is activity level minus deficit. Your Fitbit burn is TDEE—if you eat at a reasonable deficit from that, you will lose weight. Adjustments are the difference between your Fitbit burn & your MFP activity level.

If (and only if) you enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings, eating back your Fitbit adjustments means you're eating TDEE minus deficit.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love my charge HR but don't find the HR feature to be that accurate but that's probably because I don't wear it high on my wrist as advised. I LOVE the fact that it has a buckle because I don't have to worry about it accidentally falling off. I plan on getting one for my soon to be 11 year old because she thinks it's pretty cool and wants to compete against me lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I bought my zip in March. It was the best thing i could have done!
    I've gone from 2000ish steps a day up to 20,000-25,000. It definitely keeps me motivated :smiley: