When did you......

Options
When did you start noticing your weight loss. I've lost 10lbs so far and I really don't see a difference. I get happy when I see my results on a scale, but in the mirror I don't notice a difference!

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When I hit 30 lbs. I have 100 lbs to lose when I started to it took longer to see the loss because I was pretty big.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My weight loss really became obvious around 17 pounds down after weighing 238. Sometimes it's hard to see exactly what you've lost because it comes off from different places, thus the recommendation of taking measurements. Those numbers make themselves apparent pretty easily.
  • AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    take a picture of yourself week by week....I am doing this and i can tell the difference, wear the same outfit each time! over time u will see the shirt getting bigger and bigger and u getting smaller and smaller! Ive lost 18lbs since May 5th! And my picture from the first day to now is crazy!!! I can't get them to upload on here right now so I am going to try later!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80. Still don't notice a difference (but apparently others do)
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    by 20 lbs i noticed my pants looser. by 28 lbs i just bought new work pants 6 sizes smaller. yay! keep up the good work! you'll see success very soon! :bigsmile:
  • 08megz
    08megz Posts: 1
    Options
    Sometimes it is hard to see it yourself. People you haven't seen in a while will probably notice before you do. Enjoy their compliments!
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I was accused of having an eating disorder.
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think we are our worst critics and YOU might not be able to see the difference, but others will. Have you taken any pictures of yourself before or after? Cameras don't lie but our mind plays tricks on us! I tend to still see the problem areas even though I've done really well on the scale. Where I really see the difference is in the size I'm now wearing- down from a 22/24 to a size 10! If you are hyper-critical of yourself just know that you are healthier, and those benefits you'll never actually see.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I noticed after I lost 10 pounds in my face, but only after looking at pictures. I lost 10 pounds recently and didnt notice, my boyfriend did though and pointed it out.
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    I take pictures of myself in the same outfit every week too. I noticed a difference even before the pounds came off. I've only lost 4 pounds, and I can see a difference in the pictures. No one has asked me if I've lost weight yet (except for my husband, but only because he sees me trying so hard lol), but the pictures show it! I would recommend taking the weekly pictures to anyone who wants to see the changes!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I started feeling a lot better before I started seeing a difference. Just keep working at it -- it will happen :wink:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 3lbs, and I can tell a difference. The first place I gain and lose is in my stomach, so it's very noticeable to me. I can tell I have toned up, too. :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Really quickly, because all my gain/loss shows in my face. This means other people notice too, and 10 lbs up or down is really noticeable. Now I'm at goal, a pound here or there makes the difference, to me at least, between pleasantly thin and worryingly scrawny.

You look lovely in your profile pics, so maybe you just carry any excess weight too well (unlike me!).
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Not sure what number to put with it, but I really got a kick when I started trying on clothes that I had stopped wearing and some of them fit!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i notice in pictures before my clothes or in the mirror. the scale can be deceiving. :o)
  • Rodneymc4
    Rodneymc4 Posts: 62
    Options
    When my clothes started fitting differently. It gets obvious when clothes the were previously too small is now too big. I'm getting my teenage boys hand me downs these days--very expensive hand me downs that would be going to the Goodwill but I now have use for them.
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!!! I think I'm going to start taking weekly pictures. I don't know why I didn't before! =)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I noticed at 10 lbs, but my friends and family noticed at 30 lbs.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've really just started really noticing.... 20ish lbs in and my pants are not fitting, my shirts are fitting better. Its harder to notice yourself since, well, you see you every day, constantly. I definitely felt much healthier almost immediately after starting to exercise and not eating garbage constantly.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've crossed two thresholds when my body suddenly felt noticeably smaller, despite the fact that nothing unusual was going on with my weekly weigh-ins. The first time was around 18lb, and then again at 30lb. Both times it seemed that my fat burning metabolism had depleted the fat deposits in one region of my anatomy and had gone "drilling for oil," so to speak, in a different area.