Zig Zagging calories - need advice

Options
I am sure this has been covered before but I am looking for guidance in starting to zig zag my caloires. Right now, I try and stay around 1200 and not more than 1350, even when I work out. Of course, that worked great at first but I haven't lost anything in over 2 weeks now. While I feel great from eating healthy and working out, I still have about 15-20lbs I really want to lose.

So, I know the general idea of zig zagging is to average your calories over the week but does anyone have a schedule that they use that has worked really well for them? I have read to do 3 days at your "losing weight" calorie level and then one day at the maintenance level and then keep following that. I like to have things planned out for me so maybe creating a calorie goal for each day might work better for me?

Also, how to you factor in zig zagging in when you work out? Do you eat back those calories, even if it's a low day? Right now I am working out hard 3 days a week and then the other days I either walk for about an hour or jog for about 30 minutes.

All suggestions are welcome and very appreciated!! Thanks and good luck on your healthy journeys! :)

Replies