Breakfast Ideas

Options
Hey;

For YEARS I've been eating toast and coffee for breakfast but not only is it super boring, it's not the healthiest choice. So I am looking for some good, quick, healthy suggestions.

I don't have a gallbladder so I find eggs hard on my system- though a couple times a week isn't that bad...

Any ideas? What do you guys all eat?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a Shakeology for breakfast every morning. Sometimes I add 2 pieces of turkey bacon too. If u only want to eat eggs a few times a week try an omelette with fresh veggies like kale and mushrooms or peppers. You can also try fresh fruit like banana and strawberries with yogurt. Hope that helps.
  • mummibear
    mummibear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make a green smoothy with spinach, other greens, some melon for sweetness and half an avocado to emulsify it and prevent it separating.
  • BattyP
    BattyP Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have swapped cereal and toast for fruit. Always make sure there is a banana in there then any other fruit I fancy. I try to have different colours, so for example, melon, plum, orange and banana.
    Hope that helps.
  • RebeccaBrooksmfp
    RebeccaBrooksmfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If you find carbs filling, maybe try oatmeal with some fun toppings?
  • houghj3
    houghj3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is my basic breakfest every morning.

.5 cups oatmeal
    .25 of blueberries
    Half an avocado
    1Tbs of chia seeds

I microwave it all together, packed with fiber that keeps me full for a while.

I add Hemphearts, Flaxseeds, and Manuka Honey in a rotation (all at 1 Tbs).

As much black coffee as I want.