TONING!

Options
What exercise has helped you tone your body? I've been mainly running as my exercise, every other day, and haven't done anything else to tone my legs. I really want my legs to be toned!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Running, and EA Sports Active 2 on the Playstation, which is circuit training with lunges, squats, cardio, core, & hand-weights or resistance bands. I :heart: my legs now.
  • celiamj
    celiamj Posts: 38
    Options
    hi! i do pilates once a week, it really makes a diference on the whole body!!! i do at the gym but there are many videos on youtube with exercise routines that you can follow (but be careful!)
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, the stair mill, stair stepper, leg press, sumo squats, barbarian split squats... pretty much any variety of squats and lunges, lol!
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like to do lunges and the stair stepper for my legs.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Weight training. I do it 3x/wk at the gym (they offer classes), but you can do it at home too, with some weights, dvds, books....for legs, weighted squats and lunges work great! My butt sits higher now than it ever has, after 4 mos. of weighted squats and lunges. And I also now have definition in my quads that I've never thought I'd ever have. Best of all, it's fun!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    yep, squats and lunges :bigsmile:
  • sgiacherio
    sgiacherio Posts: 50
    Options
    Squats are key. Be careful to them correctly or you can screw up your knees. Do them tradionally and then with your feet turned outward (this works more of your inner thigh). Also, if you stand with your feet close together but not touching. Using hand weights lower the weights below your knees (keeping them slightly bent). Then stand back up and sort of squeeze your butt together. This is a great exercise for the back of your leg. Check out Jackie Warner's 5 Cirucuit Training workout DVD for more exercises and how to do them correctly. Her 15 leg workout is really effective! BTW - all of her workouts are really effective!