Vitamix or Blendtech?

Options
Which high end blender would you recommend, the Vitamix or the Blendtech?

A little background: it's use will include more than just smoothies: nut butters, spices, crumbs, raw veggies, etc.

I'd love to hear about your experience with either, or take suggestions for another type if you have it.

Thank you!

Replies

• Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'd say Vitamix, but I'm extremely biased since that's all I've owned. I own two. One is the less costly one you can order through QVC on special, the other was a gift from my aunt and it's the professional model with the 64oz container. I also own the dry blade pitcher, which is not cheap, but worth every penny. You can grind your own grains into flour with that one. I've made salsa, healthy ice cream, smoothies, almond milk, nut butters, and purees in mine. Of course, I primarily use it for smoothies. I wouldn't trade it for anything. The Blendtec is a little more modern with touchpad controls and is much smaller than the Vitamix. It takes up much less counter space.

Both perform exceptionally well, but the Vitamix is a workhorse. I have a friend who has been using the same one for like twenty years and it's still going strong. If a smaller, sleek design is more important, then the Blendtec may be a better fit for you. Both are a large investment, but you really can't go wrong with either one.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Vitamix
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Ninja !!!
  • MomMel65
    MomMel65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've got a Vitamix -love it!! I've made vegetable soups in it, done my refried beans in it, made homemade peanut-butter, of course both fruit and veggie smoothies, and can't imagine life without it! Plus, the warranty is AMAZING! I damaged my pitcher by getting the lid stuck in it (don't ask me how I managed that one!) and called them - we had a good chuckle together, she sent a new one and a prepaid postage sticker to mail back the old one. Helpful folks and they stand behind their product AND customer. Money well spent!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I have a Blendtec and really like it. Pluses: Cheaper than Vitamix, shorter so it fits under kitchen cabinet if you want to keep it out all the time, will blend anything! http://www.willitblend.com/.
    There's also an excellent 7 year warranty. After 2 years the blades stopped spinning. I called the helpline and the lady had me run the blender with the phone to it to make sure the motor was still ok, then they sent a replacement jar.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have a vitamix, but I think they are both comparable. Will both last forever. You can get a good deal on the vitamix at Costco.
  • akchildress24
    akchildress24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have had my Blendtec for over a year and love it! Less expensive then vitamix. I make smoothies. Soups, sauces, and batters.
  • mianineteen87
    mianineteen87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've had my vitamix for ten years and it's still going strong
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    We just got a Blendtec with a Twister jar. Dull blades (no danger of cutting yourself while cleaning) was a major selling point. It makes great almond butter, hummus, and flaxseed meal. I made a batch of chocolate cherry Larabars that was really good, too. If I get a chance today, I'm going to make a round of chocolate cherry smoothies, but I've gotten good enough at hitting my targets with food that needs chewing that I'm not sure I want to switch over to drinking a lot of calories regularly.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    We've enjoyed our Blendtec with the Twister jar in the year since we purchased it. Either machine are going to work wonderfully. I liked that the Blendtec fits easier under a counter (though I know the new Vitamix models will/do as well). Also, the plunger was a drawback when I researched the two. Either machine will work great for you. It's more about aesthetics mostly.
  • jhamptonsleboda
    jhamptonsleboda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've had a Blendtec for almost two years. Fits nice under my counter. I've never had a problem making nut butters/whole juices/smoothies etc. with it. I purchased mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond and they did let me use a 20% off coupon when I bought it, though I'm not sure if that's still "allowed" (I know they changed some policies recently)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is what we use in all professional kitchens, but they ain't cheap!!
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I got an oster blender that does a nice job making smoothies. I hear the blendtec leaks around the seal.