FitBit?

Options
I am looking at getting a FitBit Charge to help track what I am burning and also as a physical reminder to get moving. Does anyone have one and if so, is/was it worth it? Just looking for an opinion...

Thank you!

Replies

• Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't have the charge - I have the fitbit one. I love mine. It definitely has had a positive impact on my activity levels. There are now fewer of those lounging around on the sofa watching TV days in my life now!
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I have the Flex. I am a huge fan. Sure it is just a glorified pedometer, but it is a huge help to me. I make it a commitment now no matter what to get 10k steps. I also love seeing how my activity on a daily basis changes.

You can also make challenges with your fitbit friends. I do this with a bunch of friends and we use our competitive streaks to make sure we are moving, moving, moving!

DITTO.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have the One - love it. Hubby recently got a One and son a Flex. Going back to Kohls this weekend, to exchange the Flex for another One. It doesn't always pick up his steps if he is using his arm - like holding a leash to walk the dog.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I lost the weight & have maintained for ten months thanks to MFP + Fitbit. Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (aka your maintenance calories), and Fitbit challenges are great motivation.
  • kbaker001
    kbaker001 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge. Love it. It does get me to move more if I see that my steps are low. I wish that it had a reminder for being idle though.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    My wife has a charge HR and I have a Surge. We both love them
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love mine too. I just have the Zip, which is as basic as they get, but as above I find it a great physical reminder to be more active. The challenges are great fun - I have a group of Fitbit friends that all do a challenge together most days, and I'm always trying to go that bit further to win.
  • RebeccaBrooksmfp
    RebeccaBrooksmfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks everyone!
  • AnnaNutBread89
    AnnaNutBread89 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have the charge hr and I love it
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Flex and the Zip

I am not a fan of the HR monitor ones unless you need to monitor your heart rate - the calories are a broad estimate and probably no better than the much cheaper models as it will revert to the pedometer to track step-based - the HR funtion is only useful for steady-state cardio - the rest will be some kind of amalgamation of tracking movement