food

Options
Food for us is like fuel in a car I believe we just need enough food daily,for energy, to keep us going. Healthy fruit for snacks, meals with alittle bit of everything carbs,protien and veg, breakfast maybe oats, cereal orange juice and drink at least 2 litres of water.

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Cool. Technically you're right, but also, we're humans in the 21st century and brownies are a thing, so........
  • beautifulthingsKR
    beautifulthingsKR Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Brownies only benefit the taste buds which stimulates the brain into bad habits of the consumption of unhealthy foods.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Brownies are typically made up of carbs and fat, therefore can benefit a human body with energy, ready to be burned off and also keeping hormones in balance. Everything plays its part! Even brownies!

It's fine to only consume what you deem to be "healthy" foods. I've lost weight (lost >40lb) eating Mcdonalds, KFC and Burger Kings several times a week and drinking + kebab(s) on weekends.

I've also lost weight trying to keep a fairly "clean" diet. Personally, I prefer it, but not everyone can and almost no-body wants to eat a diet that consists of oats, fruit, chicken and veggies. It's not practical!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Brownies are awesome!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Food for us is like fuel in a car I believe we just need enough food daily,for energy, to keep us going. Healthy fruit for snacks, meals with alittle bit of everything carbs,protien and veg, breakfast maybe oats, cereal orange juice and drink at least 2 litres of water.

A healthy diet varies from person to person. Some people would find orange juice at breakfast to be a problem. Others avoid oats and grains. If this is how you want to eat and it helps you reach your goals, then great! Keep it up. But try to be careful of posting what seems to be blanket advice that won't be great for everyone. People should feel free to play around with their diet to find what works best for them as an individual.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Am I missing simething on this thread? Is it because its your new philosophy? Food is one of lifes great pleasures, so its a bit more than just being fuel and a healthy diet and drink is more than 2l of water.
  • beautifulthingsKR
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Am I missing simething on this thread? Is it because its your new philosophy? Food is one of lifes great pleasures, so its a bit more than just being fuel and a healthy diet and drink is more than 2l of water.

It does not take a genius to know that food is one of life's great pleasures. What I have written has actually worked for me. Mentally I keep this thought in my head that food is energy so that overeating is not an option. Without food we will starve. A car without fuel will not drive therefore there are similarities. I have posted a suggestion. So If anyone has a problem with this post needs to go seriously get a life and stop talking about things they don't understand.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

and fat... carbs, protein and fat....
  • Kk2Aa
    Kk2Aa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    alyhuggan wrote: »
    Brownies are typically made up of carbs and fat, therefore can benefit a human body with energy, ready to be burned off and also keeping hormones in balance. Everything plays its part! Even brownies!

It's fine to only consume what you deem to be "healthy" foods. I've lost weight (lost >40lb) eating Mcdonalds, KFC and Burger Kings several times a week and drinking + kebab(s) on weekends.

I've also lost weight trying to keep a fairly "clean" diet. Personally, I prefer it, but not everyone can and almost no-body wants to eat a diet that consists of oats, fruit, chicken and veggies. It's not practical!

Well done on your weight loss! Can I ask how you incorporated those kind of meals into your diet and still lost weight? I am 8 weeks in to my 'journey' and I am craving KFC/Mcdonalds so bad!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Kk2Aa wrote: »
    alyhuggan wrote: »

Well done on your weight loss! Can I ask how you incorporated those kind of meals into your diet and still lost weight? I am 8 weeks in to my 'journey' and I am craving KFC/Mcdonalds so bad!

I'd recommend against it unless you are just getting like a burger or something, I'll try find an old diary entry and send you it. Although being male and active it would be easier for me to fit it in than you :/@Kk2Aa
  • beautifulthingsKR
    Options

and fat... carbs, protein and fat....

True.