No chips for a month!!!

Options
abyssfully
abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
This is a challenge for myself! Just wanted to make it known.

If you'd like to join me, go ahead!

We'll see if chips taste either really good or horrible on June 21, 2011!

I'll be allowing myself chip "substitutes."

WISH ME LUCK! I'll need it! haha

Replies

• lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    what exactly are chip "substitutes"?

I went to the grocery right after the gym (mistake) and I was starving (second mistake) and I was trying to find healthy chips but I kept looking at the nutrition labels and everything was like 8 chips= 160 or some ridiculous thing like that. I can never just eat 8, maybe 32, ha. So I just bought some Terra vegetable chips: kabocha, carrot, and blue potato, they looked slightly healthier. I try to stay away from chips in general. I may join the challenge!

Do pita chips count?
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The only chips I've had for a few months are "pop chips" in the 100 calorie bags. If I open a large bag of chips or chip subs, you can kiss the bag good by!
  • abyssfully
    Options
    what exactly are chip "substitutes"?

I went to the grocery right after the gym (mistake) and I was starving (second mistake) and I was trying to find healthy chips but I kept looking at the nutrition labels and everything was like 8 chips= 160 or some ridiculous thing like that. I can never just eat 8, maybe 32, ha. So I just bought some Terra vegetable chips: kabocha, carrot, and blue potato, they looked slightly healthier. I try to stay away from chips in general. I may join the challenge!

Do pita chips count?
    The "substitutes" are all the ideas posted at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/246277-has-anyone-given-up-chips-for-good. I would consider the veggie chips a substitute; probably the pita chips too. lol.
  • abyssfully
    Options
    The only chips I've had for a few months are "pop chips" in the 100 calorie bags. If I open a large bag of chips or chip subs, you can kiss the bag good by!
    I want to try those!
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    Pop chips are amazing.. Im not sure if pita chips would be a good sub though because arent they kind of high calorie? I suggest apple chips and homemade spinach or kale chips. Good luck with your challenge!
  • abyssfully
    Options
    Pop chips are amazing.. Im not sure if pita chips would be a good sub though because arent they kind of high calorie? I suggest apple chips and homemade spinach or kale chips. Good luck with your challenge!
    TY! :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Last time I ate chips was........some time in early April, so I guess I have done my month already!
  • istanbul78
    istanbul78 Posts: 2
    Options
    sweet potato chips or parsnips are a great alternative!
  • KSYOUNTS
    KSYOUNTS Posts: 2
    Options
    what are pop chips?
  • kamoi
    kamoi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are the same as potato chips except that the cooked with air (or something like that) instead of being deep fried.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options

I'll join! Kettle chips are my kryptonite... I have a gallery of all the different bags of chips I've consumed in my search for the 10/10 holy grail barbecue flavored kettle chip...
  • ccshorty13
    ccshorty13 Posts: 6
    Options
    Special K cracker chips are pretty good - I like the sour cream and onion ones better than the sea salt
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    i take it "chips" are crisps?

If so i havent had a bag of real crisps in over 8 weeks!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!! Chips are my biggest issue, I can't seem to stay away from them.
  • abyssfully
    Options

I'll join! Kettle chips are my kryptonite... I have a gallery of all the different bags of chips I've consumed in my search for the 10/10 holy grail barbecue flavored kettle chip...
    You remind me so much of my husband! lol

And to OP, yes, chips are "crisps" or what not! (I think we're talking about the same thing!)