Bananas

Options
When tracking a banana do you weight it with the skin? I've been weighing with the skin, then eating both the skin and the banana. Now I think it's probably best if I stop eating the skin.

How do you weight a banana?

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Without skin but I only weigh what I eat. I've never eaten banana skin before?

When I eat things with pits, I'll weigh it, eat it and then put what's left back on the scale and subtract the part I didn't eat
  • stuartm2015
    stuartm2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Without skin but I only weigh what I eat. I've never eaten banana skin before?

When I eat things with pits, I'll weigh it, eat it and then put what's left back on the scale and subtract the part I didn't eat

I usually serve it with radish
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weigh the portion you consume
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You were eating the skin? This a joke?
  • stuartm2015
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

So you weigh a banana with the skin off?

What if I'm going out for the day? Take the skin off, weigh the banana and it gets all squishy and brown in my bag? Doesn't really work for me.
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Lol. This gave me a little laugh. Why the fak are you eating a banana skin?
    Whatever works I guess! :neutral:
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Lol. This gave me a little laugh. Why the fak are you eating a banana skin?
    Whatever works I guess! :neutral:

Fiber...?
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options

What if I'm going out for the day? Take the skin off, weigh the banana and it gets all squishy and brown in my bag? Doesn't really work for me.

So you'd weigh the full banana with skin and save the skin to weigh again later to subtract from your total .

I'm mostly at home, so I weigh it without, always. I either eat it then or I chop it up and throw it in a zip lock with the grams amount on the bag to male banana things with
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

In that case, weigh the whole, unpeeled banana before you leave, and then when you get home weigh the peel to see how much you ate
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh it,mash it,freeze it,then pretend it's better than my talenti.but no peel.
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm calling shenanigans on this post. LMAO banana skin with radish ??? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTR7V-HhjOc

(ETA the video)
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I weigh mine with the pajamas on...

Bananas-in-pajamas.jpg
  • stuartm2015
    Options

In that case, weigh the whole, unpeeled banana before you leave, and then when you get home weigh the peel to see how much you ate

You expect me to carry a rotting banana skin with me all day??
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    ObiWanJacoby_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I weigh mine with the pajamas on...

Bananas-in-pajamas.jpg

ROFL!!!!!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    The skin is only dangerous if you have a latex allergy. In that case you should be careful eating banana as well. :)
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I buy bananas that are smaller in size in a bunch. They usually are the same size generally. When you're home, weigh one banana without the skin, take note of the weight (small is usually about 3 ounces) then just mark 3 ounces down for the others when you're out and about. It doesn't really matter if you're off a couple of ounces. Mark that off as calories burned breathing lol
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

You expect me to carry a rotting banana skin with me all day??

I have a food scale at work. It also comes in handy for the small work related things we want to know the weight of. :) You could consider doing that. Weigh the banana before eating then weigh the skin afterwards. Or just weigh the unpeeled banana. Finally, the more you weigh in the privacy of your own home, the better you may get at estimating while you are out and about. If you truly can't weigh while you're out, just estimate and do your best when you do have access to all your tools

Oh and the calorie count is not accurate if you're eating the skin. Nutrition information is provided for just the edible portion without any skin or rinds. The banana skin is generally not considered edible...