First Full Day

Options
Hi, all. I joined yesterday after looking for a calorie counter app for my iphone. Looks like a great site. I know counting calories is a big help in weight loss, but I've never done it.

On Tuesday, I start a Zumba class, which will get me moving. And we'll clean up the bedroom to make the eliptical more accessable. :-).

So, today, I counted my calories and can still eat 95 tonight...lol. Though I went over on carbs and protien. Is going over in protien bad?

My goal is 30 pounds.

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• melindaporter
    Options
    oops, my goal is 35 pounds...geez, forgot already!
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Hehe, Welcome!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am over on protein almost every day and I am still losing :) You'll be fine!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck...sounds like you have some good ideas to get started! Zumba is a lot of fun!
    If you're going to over in something, aim for protein and fiber (if you track it). The "recommended" value for protein is pretty low on MFP.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I go over on my protein all the time... As long as your total calorie intake is below your BMR you're good to go
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I always go over on protein and fiber, too. This is fine -- just watch your sugars and sodium (my biggest downfall!)
  • MrsRono75
    MrsRono75 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome! I have gone over on protein before too. I think its alright.. the carbs and fat you have to watch out for. Ive learned keeping track of what I eat is very eye opening. Feel free to add me :)
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There are varying opinions on how much protein a person needs in a day, even among medical professionals. MFP's default amount is pretty low, so I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you're eating lean protein. Welcome! Good luck!
  • Justcallmejenny
    Options
    welcome! Add me if you like
  • melindaporter
    Options
    HI, How do you add? I'm totally new at this. But I do like the calorie counting, which is the app I was looking for when I found MFP. Melinda
  • melindaporter
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the welcome.

Melinda
  • melindaporter
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I figured protein wasn't a bad thing to be over.

Melinda
  • melindaporter
    Options
    I start Zumba on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it.

Melinda
  • mclahey
    mclahey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • KristineAG
    KristineAG Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome, welcome!! We're all here to support you. Please free to add me if you'd like. :smile: