ok, i need workouts that can be done in a room.

Options
so, i'm 18 and i wanna lose weight around the abs area. i kinda dance, but i need some other ideas of what i could do

Replies

• sunsnowlover
    sunsnowlover Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pilates DVD, Tae bo, core exercise on a ball or a bosu.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells combine cardio and strength training and are great for the abs.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Look on youtube, lots of workouts there you can do in a room.
  • missay_
    missay_ Posts: 29
    Options
    i do all the jillian dvds in my little room : ) and man she works your abs !
  • tttfff
    tttfff Posts: 8
    Options
    Go to the library and get some exercise dvd's.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you, but abs are made in the kitchen. The best way to lose the belly is through a good, lean diet. You can't spot reduce (all the situps in the world won't help), and you can't out-train a bad diet.

Not saying yours is bad, just speaking in general......but hit those chicken breasts and veggies and you should see results. Once you lose the fat, then ab work will build good muscles that now show up since they're not hidden under fat. Good luck!
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Pilates are great!! There is a website out there called Pilates on 5th, they have a workout library (Ultimate Pilates) that has many many workouts on their free membership. I have a pilates reformer at home and have purchased several of their "for a fee" workouts. But beware pilates can be very tough.
  • nevakeelin
    nevakeelin Posts: 10
    Options
    yeah, i've looked on youtube. they're kinda the same and they're not that long. and yeah, i need stuff that doesnt cost money
  • nevakeelin
    Options
    well, i've been losing a couple pounds just eating less and dancing, i just need a variety of stuff to do and i'll probly check pilates and that site out
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    calisthenics!!!
  • nevakeelin
    Options
    whats calisthenics?
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, squats, lunges, jumping jacks, pull-ups, dips, etc...
  • AzBarrelRacer
    Options
    Jillian MIcheals "30 day shred" or "No more trouble zones". I do both at my house and when I go on vacation I can do both in the hotel room with no problem.