Drinking during weight loss

Options
Shedding the last few pounds and feeling extremely motivated. My graduations in a week and would be nice to burn some more until then. My friends are throwing a big party today and ill have 2-4 ciders there. Im not a heavy drinker so i dont really ever need more, and i drink maybe once a month. From your experience, how much does this slow down the process? Thank you so much in advance :)

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Log them and move on. A couple or four can be a splurge. They're still just calories. If you haven't had much to drink lately, be careful, as I noticed my tolerance went away quickly.
  • Oneironaut
    Oneironaut Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Look up the cider in the database and treat it like any other food. Angry Orchard has 210 calories per bottle, so it might set you back for the day, but a cheat day once in a while isn't such a terrible thing as long as you're diligent the rest of the time.
  • Daveysgirl2014
    Daveysgirl2014 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    JohnBarth I know what you mean. My tolerance has lessened considerably too, which I guess is a good thing. I normally drink Miller Lite beer but lately I have been drinking Lime Vodka with club soda. It's a little less calorie wise and actually pretty refreshing. Booombeeeem, just enjoy yourself and burn 'em off later. :-)
  • LashaMonique
    LashaMonique Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking as part of trying to lose weight however when I had a few drinks a couple of weeks a go it did not have an affect on my weight lost, my tolerance just became really low.
  • Dingaling90
    Dingaling90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just be aware that alcohol will dehydrate you so that you weigh less the day after you've had it, but you will probably plateau for a couple of days beyond that. It slows fat burning down to almost nothing so that's why it's good to limit yourself to one drink a week/fortnight if possible. As long as you stay on track afterwards, you'll be absolutely fine. I have a drink every Saturday because I'm human and nothing is going to keep me out of my favourite beer garden on a clear evening!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I have a few drinks every now and then. It hasn't slowed down or had any negative effect on my weigh loss at all.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just celebrated finishing my exams and planned to drink! I pre-logged the wine that I was drinking, and just made sure it fit into my maintenance calories for the day. I also discovered that since I don't drink much anymore, and have lost a significant amount of body weight, my tolerance is nil. Yesterday was not a good day for me! I'd say that as long as you aren't drinking over your calories on a regular basis, then you should be fine. Enjoy yourself and congrats on graduating!
  • booombeeeem
    booombeeeem Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much ill keep all that in my mind tonight!
  • sazziek
    sazziek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would just log it as you would your food. I am concerned about this weekend with drinking as too, I don't drink as much as I used to! Make sure it fits into your daily calorie intake for the day :) congrats! and cheers!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    If you drink enough water to counter it you should be fine. :0) I frequently have a glass or two of wine at night - not every night, but a few nights a week sometimes (then I may go for 3 weeks without any). Just allow for it in your calories or know it may slow down your weight loss a little. Remember you need to be 3500 calories over maintenance to gain a pound. That's a LOTTA drinkin'! :) Three or four drinks shouldn't hurt much.