Feeling good... but exhausted.

Options
Hi guys!
I've been dieting now for around 12 weeks - It's been productive but I'm really starting to lose my mind. Constant calorie counting, exercise timing, food weighing etc is really starting to get tedious. Does anyone have any recommendations for keeping positive for those last few weeks when you're tempted to give up?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Your thread title is a contradiction. You can't fee good and exhausted at the same time. I've been logging for almost three years. I batch cook and freeze single serve portions of meals,so most of my days I have very little to do except select from several pre-measured choices, steam veggies, add fruit, etc. I often pre-log the whole day and then make adjustments before I close my diary. I'd say I spend less than 5 minutes a day on this. What do you mean by "exercise timing?"
  • dbzgt12
    dbzgt12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You're almost there. Do you not see the change? Don't you feel better about your lifestyle now? I know it's tedious, but just keep pushing. Don't give up. Once you've completed your goal you'll have no regrets. But if you give up now you will. So don't give up!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time for a maintenance break. If you're having trouble adhering I think there are really a couple of ways to go:

1. Adjust your day to day routine so that it doesn't feel so restrictive. If calorie counting isn't sustainable for you there are other methods. Most of them rely on habits like restricting certain foods to certain times or special occasions, eyeballing portions instead of weighing, etc.

2. Take a brief time out and eat at maintenance for a week or two. Then get back to it. Some people take a complete break from logging and others still log but eat more calories.

There are probably other strategies to deal with dieting fatigue but those are the two that come to mind.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Well, whatever you do, don't outright quit. Your goal is your birthday in August. Why not relax for two weeks? Stop weighing everything - just eyeball it and use what you know from the past 12 weeks to make good judgement calls. Not sure what you mean by exercise timing - hope you do an exercise you enjoy. Calorie counting's useful as you are still trying to lose weight. See if that helps get you back into the spirit of things. If you see your weight going up, then act accordingly.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Your thread title is a contradiction. You can't fee good and exhausted at the same time. I've been logging for almost three years. I batch cook and freeze single serve portions of meals,so most of my days I have very little to do except select from several pre-measured choices, steam veggies, add fruit, etc. I often pre-log the whole day and then make adjustments before I close my diary. I'd say I spend less than 5 minutes a day on this. What do you mean by "exercise timing?"

Yes you can. But that statement speaks more for you to not know.

OP I would just say take a maintenance break if you like to. Rethink about the goals you have in mind. Make a new plan and get it.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't help because I'm exhausted too lol, but I just had to say you are absolutely, drop-dead stunning! Couldn't pass by without telling you that :) seriously!