tired of my weight controlling my life

I've been overweight basically my whole life. I was always the bigger girl in school. I never really had any true friends because I've always been judged based on my weight and outer appearance. I'm finally ready to lose the weight but I always let my thoughts get the best of me and then I binge again. Help!!!

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    There are a few threads on here about binging, you should be able to find them on a search.
    This website/app are fantastic, by logging everything that you eat it really makes you aware of just how many calories you're eating.
    I've built up a really good group of motivational friends on here, they're fantastic and the mutual support personally helps me a great deal.
    Good luck, you need to get your mindset right, which I can't help you with as I'm still currently "in progress!"
    But, with every day that ticks by, I'm slowly getting closer to my goals :)
  • tiffany31989
    tiffany31989 Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you. And good luck to you as well!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Tiffany, it's hard once you get started to stop. I find it helps to eat well at meals, have a healthy snack handy for triggers and to keep super busy. Exercising 1-2 hours everyday really curbs my appetite and when I don't do these things I get in trouble with hunting and binging.
  • tiffany31989
    That's true. I was on track for a few weeks but then it all stopped and now I need to get back in the right mindset and stay there. I find I eat the most when I have nothing to do
  • Patrick090865
    Patrick090865 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi , I've tried lots of things to lose weight over the years but tbh mfp seems to be really helping , along with getting my head right . I also find that exercise is more addictive than food so I try to fit varied exercise in every day , I also drink plenty of water , especially when the urge to eat comes on. Hope you find what works for you , like you I have always struggled , take care
  • tiffany31989
    It's the eating that stops me. I love exercising but I haven't had the motivation to do any :(
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 491 Member
    What I've tried doing is not buying the foods that I would eat that I shouldn't. Being happy with yourself is much more worth it than temporary happiness from food. Don't get me wrong, I have had moments where I feel like emotional eating or binging but I grab onto that feeling that I had when I weighed less and that is what is helping me. Once you see some results it will make you feel so much happier.
  • tiffany31989
    It's hard in my house because I don't buy the groceries. My parents do and they always buy soda and snacks. And I get tempted.