Darn it I messed up

ugh. Lost 5 pounds last month, a VERY STUBBORN 5 pounds I've been working towards for um... Like 2 years. No joke.

And I are 2800 calories yesterday! I logged it all at least but ugh. Feel so gross today.

Time to pull myself up by the boot straps and start a healthy new day.

What do you all do the day after a food disaster?

(At least I finally got my ramen craving and potato chips urges out of the way. Sheesh!)

Replies

• kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Go back to eating how you were eating the month you lost that 5lbs...

2800 calories will not ruin that achievement. It takes roughly 3500 calories OVER maintance to gain a lb!
    Don't let one calorific day get you down just jump back on the horse.
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    I had a couple of bad days too, when I was in a different environment associated with different eating habits. Back now in usual digs and am simply getting very very focused on returning to the successful patterns of the last 6 months.
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    It happens. The worst thing you can do is to allow it to derail you. Forgive yourself, forget about it and move on. Continue the path you established. You'll be fine!

And here's a thought: that day of overeating may have spiked your metabolism so you might see some movement on the scale soon!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    It's ok, one day isn't going to ruin everything! Just get back on the wagon & don't worry :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I move on...and I really don't consider it to be a disaster...I consider it to be life and so long as these little indulgences aren't occurring frequently, they are inconsequential to the whole.

I tend to be a big picture thinker and don't get too caught up in minutia like this...look at the bigger picture.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Just say to yourself, "self, that was some damn tasty ramen! Maybe in a month I'll treat myself again like that". Then move on!
  • eloise80
    eloise80 Posts: 37 Member
    Great advice. It's what I tell myself, but rings more true to hear from others.

Already got a good walk in, had my protein smoothie and am meal planning the rest of the week.

My wedding is 5 weeks off, so you'd think that would be a great motivator, but wow- it takes every ounce of me to keep going!

To lose that 5 pounds, I had to think a lot more about what made up my daily calories, not just staying under my limit. I ate a lot of greens and lean protein and eggs. I also laid off the salty toppings of my air-popped popcorn and switched to fruit Popsicles instead of weight watchers diet frozen treats. Hmmmm, I also pretty much stuck to sweet potatoes and small amounts of whole grains instead of white bread and rice.

Back to the whole foods and slightly lower carbs today. I appreciate the encouragement!! Hope everyone else has a great day too.
  • eloise80
    eloise80 Posts: 37 Member
    Haha love it. Ok, SELF, sometimes you need ramen. That's ok. Today, you need broccoli and grapes. :)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Just get back to your plan. Eat on plan, don't try to eat less to "make up for the bad day". Yes, it happened (I have done that MANY times). Okay, see if you can learn something from it so that next time you're in that situation you don't fall into the same traps.
  • RTaylor72913
    RTaylor72913 Posts: 8 Member
    Just keep pushing forward. It will be OK. We all mess up from time to time. Don't be down on yourself, u got this :)
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    think of it as an average...
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    That has happened to me for the last like two weeks so u are doing great if its only one day u messed up. I did awsome for three months then totoey derailed but I'm gonna get back in the healthy eating game . I lost 23 lbs and don't wanna gain it back

Thanks for this thread it helping me to realize crap happens but time to like you said pull it together lol

Good luck you can do it