54 year old woman trying to loose weight

Options
I have been on a healthy living path since Nov 9th. I walk 5 to 10 miles a day and eating sooo much better and have lost only 25lbs. I just can't seem to get the right combination between food and my walking. Any suggestions to get this body moving on more weight loose will be appreciated. Thank you

Replies

• Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good for you!! I am NOT a CICO person. There is more to it than that. You are welcome to add me, I will be glad to encourage you however I can!!
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You've lost 25 lbs -- that's success!!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Your loss is fine. You didn't gain it in 6 months. You won't lose it in 6 months.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I could say the same thing until about a month ago when i joined MFP and started to record what i ate in calories. I always thought i read eating at a deflict but his i wasn't because now I'm losing weight much better.
  • cartjockey
    cartjockey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 59 and have lost 35lbs in a year. You're doing great. This isn't a race. It's your life and your goals. What will you do when you reach your goal? Trust me it doesn't end. It is a life style change for the best.
  • arlshar
    arlshar Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's great, average four a month, excellent
  • chrisjim53
    chrisjim53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! I didn't have my glasses on last night!! LOL!!
  • kdhatfield774
    kdhatfield774 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, I'm 51, and trying to lose 45 pounds. I get discouraged sometimes, I have to remember it didn't gain it in a day.
  • lgies2758
    lgies2758 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've just started but God is good & I'm changing my habits now.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    As others have said, a 25 pound loss is an excellent loss. I have found that MFP friends and groups have helped me stay committed.

If you are interested in an active 50+ year old support group, check out the following:
    MFP - Fifty plus (or so) Support Group
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Eat a little less food that you are now.
  • Hilda0414
    Hilda0414 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A loss of 25 pounds is absolutely phenomenal! I am 61, so in your age Range, with you being a young thing...lol...add me as a friend and we can provide mutual support
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    chrisjim53 wrote: »
    I have been on a healthy living path since Nov 9th. I walk 5 to 10 miles a day and eating sooo much better and have lost only 25lbs. I just can't seem to get the right combination between food and my walking. Any suggestions to get this body moving on more weight loose will be appreciated. Thank you

First, congratulations on your progress - 25 pounds is a great achievement. 5 to 10 miles each day is a goodly amount of walking, no doubt you are feeling very good from all the exercise in addition to the weight loss. :smile:

Have you started logging all your meals yet? Doing so, and opening up your diary, would allow both you and others to gain an understanding of where you are at and where folks might be able to help you.

From this 53 year old you I echo Happy Trails' invitation to join the 50 Plus group, it's very welcoming and helpful.