Strongli ft 5x5 favorite lift?

Options
coryrood
coryrood Posts: 100 Member
I'm 3 weeks into sl5x5 and was curious what everyone's favorite and least favorite lift is? Me I love squats and deadlift as the weight comes on fast and has been the easiest for me wright and form wise. I absolutely hate overhead press. The weight gat hard almost instantly and keeping good for has proven challenging, seems really easy to hyper extend my back or atleast feel like it.

Replies

• mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love squats too but it is not an easy one.. Bench press, Dlf, & Row are fine but OHP is the hardest among them and the least in progress!! Still I'm loving the program.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Squats are my favorite. I'm with you guys on OHP. Progress on that lift is super slow. But I think my least favorite is the barbell rows, just because I find the form a little bit tricky. I think I finally found the sweet spot the other day so maybe it'll get better.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My favorite lift is the overhead press. I've been training with the program for a month and failed it once so far. I think I love seeing the numbers increase on that lift more than any other. My least favorite is the deadlift.

I can't remember all the lifters I've watched, but Untamed Strength's how to is the most recent video I've watched on how to overhead press. His video helped me quite a bit with my lower back pain.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Rack curls
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I've maxed out on everything except the deadlift now. I've decided to maintain the weight for a week or 2 then up them again and see how I do. Favourite lifts are the deadlift and squat. I'm new to the bench press and overhead press so I'm taking them slow and trying to get my form down.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Deadlift.

I like all the lifts.

What I don't like, and what I don't do, is lunges. I see the personal trainers in the gym, every client doing lunges... makes me want to barf just looking at them.

First gym I went to, two years ago, I was allowed one free hour with a personal trainer. I already knew I wanted to do StrongLifts 5x5, but thought, "What the heck, might as well take them up on the offer."

Guy had me doing all kinds of weird stuff, and then lunges too. I hated them.

Do exercise you enjoy, because you'll stick with it. Pretty sure the personal trainers have never heard that....
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    OHP started as my favorite but I think it might be deadlifts now. Just need to focus on form so I don't take a trip to snapcity. Rows would probably be my least favorite.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Deadlifts are definately my favorite...probably cause its the heaviest and I feel badass doing it.

I hate rows, I just find them kinda boring. One of the main reasons I chose SS over SL was cause power cleans just looked more fun.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Rack curls

robertdowneyjrwink-a3535065fe241ad7ebfbe5e65fd29832_h.jpg
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts without a doubt are my favorite. I dread OHP the most; however, when I get it done it makes me feel the most accomplished.