Lifting and not losing weight

Options
I lost 40 lbs last year but have hit a slump. I haven't lost a pound in a few months. First it was Halloween candy, then Christmas food, then a vacation and then Easter candy. I decided to start tracking my macros and calories to help get me back on track.
I've been using my fitness pal for a month. I've set it to lose 1.5 lbs a week and I'm under almost every day and I haven't dropped a pound this month.
However, I do lift pretty heavy 4 days a week. Is it possible that I'm not losing because I'm gaining muscle?? Or is it something else?
I'm beginning to doubt the amount of calories I should actually be eating or if the food I'm putting in is correct. I guess I'm saying I'm not sure I trust the numbers on the app or if it's because Im' lifting heavy.
I don't necessarily notice a change in my body but I am able to increase weights regularly(meaning I'm getting stronger)
thanks for your help....it's frustrating

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If You're Hitting The Weights There Is A Big Possibility That The Scale May On Fact NOT Change Because Your Adding Muscle.. Don't Get Hung Up On That Scale, if I Were You'd I'd Get A Tape And Take Measurements, And Check Those Occasionally.. Those Will Change But The Scale Won't.. It's A Good Way To Track Progress As Well.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    If you are eating at a calorie deficit you will not put on tons of muscle, I can assure you of that. There are people who are eating 2,500 calories per day or more just to bulk. If your weight loss is stalling I'd re-evaluate your calorie target and make sure you are recording your food portions and exercise properly. Calorie goals do need to be adjusted once in a while.

Also, I don't know your weight but are you already in the normal range for your height / weight?
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    you weighing your food?