observation from discussions about "which sex and the city character am I" from women...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
Most often they are deciding if they are more like Charlotte or Samantha.

Don't hear much comparisons to Miranda or Carrie.

Is it that Charlotte represents the naïve romantic while Samantha is just all about "me" and the other 2 are just somewhere in between and not as definable?

Replies

• royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Do women actually want to be identified as a Samantha? Weird... I would have thought most women would associate themselves with Carrie, then Charlotte, then Miranda (for the overtly career-minded).
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    It's because, being honest about it, Carrie and Miranda just flat out aren't as good looking as the other two.

Hehe, it's this.

And quite honestly, I feel like Carrie treated Aiden awful, and Miranda treated Steve awful in the beginning. I don't want to be associated with awful people.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    When I was in my early 20s, I related most to Charlotte. Now I'm 30 and I actually relate to Carrie and Miranda the most now.
    I think a lot of women relate to Carrie (maybe just because we know more about her than the other three), but I agree that not many think they are like Miranda.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    A. Who is still having this conversation?
    B. My impression was that most people think they're a Carrie. So I reject your premise. But nobody wants to be Miranda.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I took a test once. It said I was Carrie; I am sure it was very scientific.

I think a lot of women can identify with a little of each character. They all had flaws but don't we all?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... never thought about it!
    I'm probably one of very few women who never wanted to watch that show! :lol:
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    @FabulousFantasticFifty I agree with you, I tried watching the first episode but it never really interested me for some reason.
  • madhu1981
    madhu1981 Posts: 4,829 Member
    Options
    no clue about whats going on here.. :D
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Meh to this show. I wouldn't measure any woman I know & like by these, usually selfish, one dimensional characters. Sarah Jessica Parker as a square peg was probably more relatable.