How much Cardio u need to lose belly fat?

Options
im been misguided my trainer told me to do less cardio n focused more on weight training but I didn't lose much weight last two years but now I'm training with new trainer. Who helps me with 49 minute circuit training I lost almost four kg my bely fat is gone low now my question is how much cardio we need as overuse can injure. Mix match cardio is good n tell me plz?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Your belly fat is gone with 37 pounds left to lose....?
  • mdashburn
    mdashburn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as spot-loss for fat. You have to reduce overall body fat in order to lose belly fat, and thus, cardio plays an important role -- but not as important as diet. So, be vigilant about counting your calories, underestimate how many calories you're burning, and work hard. It'll eventually come off.
  • drsabeena
    drsabeena Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So and r made in kitchen thanks
  • drsabeena
    Options
    *abs
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Basically, there's no way to reduce fat on one particular part of the body; it's up to genetics where it comes off. Give it time . . . the belly fat will go eventually. :)
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    None, getting abs is all about body fat%. Eat less.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Mostly losing belly fat happens in the kitchen.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Zero. You cannot spot reduce because of any specific exercise. To make abs more visible you need to lose enough weight and get a lower bf%.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Weight training doesn't burn as many calories from actual exercise as cardio does for the same duration of time. But when it comes to fat loss, it's about CICO. One could do all the cardio in the world, eat at maintenance and not lose any weight.
    Also exercise burns calories. The majority of those calories are going to be from stored glycogen. Your body burns the most fat at rest, which is why you want to do activities that help to increase your RMR. Usually HIIT or HIT are the approaches most will use to help with this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    By moving to cardio you're burning more calories and hence you've been put in a defecit you weren't previously acheiving ...so you're dropping weight

Weight training is still important to preserve your LBM
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what the OP is asking. How much cardio is needed for overuse injure, mix and match?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't speak early-2000s textspeak, but I think the OP could benefit from reading the stickied "nice stomach" thread.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Siege_Tank wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what the OP is asking. How much cardio is needed for overuse injure, mix and match?

I'm not clear on what the OP is calling cardio. I think circuit training is much closer to weight training than cardio. Isn't cardio things like walking, running, bicycling, swimming?
  • blue736
    blue736 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Weight training doesn't burn as many calories from actual exercise as cardio does for the same duration of time. But when it comes to fat loss, it's about CICO. One could do all the cardio in the world, eat at maintenance and not lose any weight.
    Also exercise burns calories. The majority of those calories are going to be from stored glycogen. Your body burns the most fat at rest, which is why you want to do activities that help to increase your RMR. Usually HIIT or HIT are the approaches most will use to help with this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    Siege_Tank wrote: »

I'm not clear on what the OP is calling cardio. I think circuit training is much closer to weight training than cardio. Isn't cardio things like walking, running, bicycling, swimming?

• blue736
    blue736 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well u should know that weight training burns more body fat then cardio. At rest your muscle fibres repair an for that ur burning more CALORIES... U need weights... Cardio is secondary..
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    blue736 wrote: »
    Well u should know that weight training burns more body fat then cardio. At rest your muscle fibres repair an for that ur burning more CALORIES... U need weights... Cardio is secondary..

Body fat is burned with a caloric deficit. Cardio burns more calories than lifting in the same amount of time. I'm not saying lifting weights isn't important, but if your primary goal is to lose weight(fat), then you are better off doing cardio if you only chose to do one.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    blue736 wrote: »

Citation please. Body fat is reduced because CI < CO. Given that it is virtually impossible to quantify how many calories are expended by weight training, you're going to have to provide more evidence than just your word.

Weight training is essential for building muscle. Cardio is essential for cardiovascular health. Both will burn fat if one's diet is reasonable.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight doing lifting only. You can lose weight doing cardio only. You can lose weight doing a mix of the 2. Some forms of cardio help better than others as do some forms of strength training.
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    You can lose weight doing lifting only. You can lose weight doing cardio only. You can lose weight doing a mix of the 2. Some forms of cardio help better than others as do some forms of strength training.
    Can we all agree that your calories in is probably the most important part of the equation since it's hard to out-train a bad diet?
  • drsabeena
    Options
    Thanks everyone this was helpful so it's always 70 percent food u eat n how u eat ...30 percent gym n workout .... So cardio is important but mostly it's the eating clean helps now m going stick to my protein diet n eat less carbs cause it seems my food intake n amount I eat was keeping me from my goal .....