Hrmmm

Options
So I'm doing P90X and I don't have a single clue where to begin logging those calories, considering how it's an hour long excercise video, with multiple excercises in each. Any suggestions? (And I tried already simply typing in P90X into the excercise search bar, no luck :-/)

Replies

• kmck045
    kmck045 Posts: 19
    Options
    Perhaps work out roughly how many minutes aerobic/cardio and how many minutes strength training and log seperately?
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    The only thing you can use that might even be close would be "Circuit Training- General." I strongly recomend getting a good HRM w/ chest strap if you want to be accurate with your exercise calories. I am in my 9th week of Insanity, and the HRM was a great investment. MFP was under calculating my calories burned substantially.

And most important, good luck with P90X...that video set scares the hell out of me!!!
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    Buy a heart rate monitor...that is much more accurate as to how many calories you are burning than any database anyway.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Most people I have asked use the circuit training general category
  • matt_wysor
    matt_wysor Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks guys! Let me tell you something man, I've heard that insanity aint no joke either! But man P90X is absolutely NO joke....I've never been smoked so quickly, and man I'm ready to pop smoke 30 minutes in, but after 5-6 days you start seeing results and you find yourself pushing your self and keeping up....It's INTENSE! Thanks guys for the suggestions, looks like my next paycheck I'm getting a heart rate monitor it is! :D