I gained back most of the weight I lost

Options
I come from a big family and the only time I weighed 120 was when I was 10. At 16 I moved out and didn't even notice the first 20 lbs that came off just from getting out of the house and swimming in the apartment pool. I eventually got a new roommate who was a former health coach and got down to 155 lbs and worked out 3-4 times a week. Since moving in with my boyfriend I've gained back almost 70 of the 100 pounds I lost. He's an avid gamer and most of our quality time is spent on xbox or wow. I bought a scale about a month ago and it was like a slap in the face. I didn't realize how much I'd gained. I worked so hard before for what I lost and now I'm back where I started. So I bought a treadmill, I run for 20 minutes or walk the dogs rather than letting them out in the backyard. I've started counting my calories and have given myself til next summer to lose 50 lbs. I work and go to school so it's not easy to find the time or energy, but I put out my favorite dress I can't fit in anymore. Dammit I will wear it again

Replies

• starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    WoW stole several years of my life, haha. Ever since I stopped gaming I've become very athletic and I've returned to college and I volunteer on my weekends. I had no idea how soul sucking video games can be. Sounds like you're on the right track though. Good luck, you'll get there!!
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    You can do it! keep motivated and you will do it again! KEEP ON TRACK!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. I lose weight, and then gained every scrap of it back. I learned an important lesson: there is *always* a scale in my house, and I get on it every week. Its amazing how it can creep back on you and that somehow you are able to tell yourself "its just a few pounds" until that just a few pounds becomes 70.

But, I learned another lesson: you can lose it again. You can, and you will. And this time, you will lose it for good. Your boyfriend likes to game, but you don't have too, not all the time. And maybe, if you spend a a few hours gaming together, you all can compromise and walk the dogs together. Relationships are all about compromise!
  • Paintbynumb3rs
    Paintbynumb3rs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I totally agree tatiana_13, I have noticed since I stopped gaming he's been spending less time on it as well. It takes a little while and I'm not usually the best motivater, but he has been coming with me for walks. I really appreciate all the support. Starboardzor, I know the feeling, and with school and work, I just don't have the time. joamarelo, you look amazing, don't ever become a gamer!
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought about getting Wii fit games? I love playing games but I prefer the Zumba and exercise games...that is something for you and your boyfriend to do together.
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look great Joarmarelo!!!!
  • matt_wysor
    matt_wysor Posts: 20
    Options
    You can do it! Just keep your chin up!
  • SexyJaye
    SexyJaye Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    since u did it before, you can definately do it again... ;D