Does banana milkshake really makes you fat?

Options
So I have heard, is it true? because i love both banana and milk. I know everything in excess is no good. But taking banana and milk separately doesnt make you fat but taking them together does? I mean really?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    You get fat from over consumption not from eating combinations of food within limits.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Not if you don't drink it! I would try unsweet almond milk and see if you like it.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You will be fine, eat whatever you want.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Eating more calories than you burn makes you fat, not the super delicious milk shake.

Hold yourself accountable and you can eat any combination of food you desire.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, now I want a banana milkshake.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    No, excess calories make you fat.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    ...what? That makes absolutely sense. Yes, combining milk and banana causes all of the calories to immediately turn into body fat. It's amazing what people will believe just because they "heard" it from some idiot or read it on the Internet. Come on, let's use our heads and not be so gullible, kay?
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    So I have heard, is it true? because i love both banana and milk. I know everything in excess is no good. But taking banana and milk separately doesnt make you fat but taking them together does? I mean really?
    Where did you hear it?

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No particular food makes you fat...overconsumption of energy makes you fat.

A calories is a unit of energy. Your body is an awesome machine that requires a substantial amount of energy to function optimally and maintain the status quot. However, when you consume more energy (calories) than are necessary to operate your machine, that energy is stored as fat...body fat is your energy reserves...it is stored energy.

When you consume less energy than your machine requires, that deficit is made up for by burning stored energy...i.e. burning fat.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You can make it make you fat, if you add ice cream, peanut butter, whole milk, etc. I have heard of those kinds of recipes for people who are TRYING to gain weight. A banana + milk will not make you fat, no.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It is the same calories as eating them separately. However, when you liquify foods by turning them into a shake, what does happen is that the sugar in them hits your blood stream much faster than it would if you ate the solid form. If you are sensitive to this, like many people are, the resulting spike and crash might be more likely to lead you to be hungry again sooner or crave more food. It's the same number of calories though, so won't, on its own, make you fat.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes. You should definitely only have strawberry or chocolate milkshakes. They have special fat burning molecules in them.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

Depends on how many you drink.

Your total calorie consumption is all that matters.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If drinking banana milkshakes is causing you to consume more calories than you burn then yes you could gain weight. The combination is not the important part- the calorie count is. You would gain weight if you consumed a banana, milk, steak, chicken, broccoli or eggs for example in excess of the amount of calories you burn.

If a banana milkshake fits your calorie goal for the day there is no problem having it.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Bananas are yummy.

Bananas are the spawn of Satan.

Your pick.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bananas and milk together are not bad, so long as you have the calories to spare. What can make it less than healthy is if you load it up with refined sugar, but that still wouldn't make you "fat" if you had the spare calories.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Bananas are yummy.

Bananas are the spawn of Satan.

Your pick.

Gez I get off work in 5 hours, I better figure out quick before I get home.... (there some on the counter as we speak....)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Bananas have an enormous number of calories and carbs, especially if they are large. If you do choose to eat them, they should be carefully weighed.

Foods do not have different nutrition in combination than they do separately.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    this question is....is real?

Dole-Japanese-Banana-gif.gif