Protein Powders with No GMO's or Chemicals or Sweeteners?

Options
2»

Replies

• jrosto
    jrosto Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Paleo Pro Plain Naked Protein Powder.

Ingredients: Egg White Protein, Whole Egg Protein, Beef Protein Isolate
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thank you Happycampr. I'm trying to find it here in Ireland. :)
  • moltobella
    moltobella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Take a look at Plant Fusion as well. It's certified Non-gmo. A lot of proteins hurt my stomach but I handle this one well.
  • Ayirela
    Options
    Thank you moltobella, I will definitely take a look.
  • teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Before I gave up being a vegetarian I found this organic pumpkin seed protein powder.

It's kind of gritty, but basically tastes like pumpkin seeds so it isn't too horrible. I think this might be a good fit for what you're looking for since the entire ingredient list is "partially defatted certified organic pumpkin seed protein powder" So there's no artificial sweeteners or GMOs... But everything is chemicals :)

• Ayirela
    Options
    Thanks. I think I'm going to go with pulsin soy or hemp since it's just 100%.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Ayirela wrote: »
    Hey guys! I have a hard time eating breakfast in the morning, as it makes me physically ill. So, I've been thinking about doing protein powder for breakfast. What are some brands that you guys think are amazing, but have NO chemicals, artificial sweeteners or GMOS. As close to being natural and pure as possible would be brilliant! :smiley: Thanks guys!! :wink:

You're going to kneejerk reject this, but I've been thinking about this a lot and you need to know that you're probably anxious in large part because you believe GMOs, chemicals, artificial sweeteners and meat are bad. The modern world isn't out to kill you.

However, if you believe this type of product will help, the placebo affect can be very effective on the imagination.

Kind regards.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    This fits some of your criteria: Growing Naturals - Organic Raw Rice Protein Powder, Chocolate Power.

-->> Try this yourself: 6 ounces skim milk, 1/4 cup of dry oatmeal, 1 medium apple, large handful of kale or romaine lettuce for 329 calories and 15 grams protein. <3
    You wil enjoy going to Pinterest to look for protein shakes.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    There is a medical grade protein powder called Unjury that Dr's prescribe for patients that have had bypass surgery. They do an unflavored version. You can order it online (although they are very specific that you shouldn't heat it).
    Personally I can't stand any protein powders because of the texture but at least with that one you could add other flavors to it.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    There is a medical grade protein powder called Unjury that Dr's prescribe for patients that have had bypass surgery. They do an unflavored version. You can order it online (although they are very specific that you shouldn't heat it unless it's the chicken soup variety which is made to allow for that).
    Personally I can't stand any protein powders because of the texture but at least with that one you could add other flavors to it.

• Ayirela
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the new ideas as well! I will definitely keep it all written down in case the pulsin doesn't work. The pulsin is something I can get at my local shop and it is unflavored so I can just mix it in with some greek yogurt in the morning time. Thanks again to all of you who were so very helpful, I really appreciate it!
  • laelgriffin
    laelgriffin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink the isagenix shakes I love them for two meal replacements it's packed with vitamins and nutrients
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ayirela wrote: »
    As close to being natural and pure as possible would be brilliant!

There isn't any such thing. It's all extremely highly processed food byproduct.
  • 77natalie77
    77natalie77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know Orgain is organic, vegan, soy free, and tastes fantastic...it does have a few *questionable* processed ingredients, but they are pronouncable and they are certainly organic.