Mum to twins

atekura89
atekura89 Posts: 13 Member
Hi there, my names Ana, and as the title says I am a mother of twins who are now 6 but once upon a time grew inside my tummy over the period of 36 weeks, stretching my tummy and moving internal organs around like they owned the place.

Now as a young mother in this day and age it's hard to not be self conscious looking at social media eg; Instagram, fb, Pintrest ect.. It's hard not to compare yourself with others you don't know.

I initially weighed 65kg prior to pregnancy -
86kg pregnancy weight-
71kg post pregnancy -
81kg ave since 2010..
I've constantly struggled with weight loss and at one point gave up. Gave up on caring about myself at all.

2015! The year for change!!!! I know what you're thinking- "it really took this long" there's a lot of different diets, workouts I tried in between but nothing worked or I didn't care to maintain.

2015- I decided I am going to own this year! Make it amazing! Help myself and others too.. It may not be a fast progress but it will be progress. I have since found my workout.. Something that works for me and a new healthy lifestyle change (food) that works for me.

I am now 25 years old and weigh 68kg
It took this long, and yes it doesn't work over night like we wish it would. It's a process that takes strength, determination and constant motivation. I now use social media as a helpful motivator to get me the body I see other girls I have.

I'd love to hear of any stories similar to mine or helpful hints that can keep me going.. xx
Connect and or share

Replies

• atekura89
    sllnlpzqw4hh.jpg
  • lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Congrats on getting back to the pre-baby weight! Looking awesome!
  • atekura89
    @lonerockz thank you ☺️
  • wcope0412
    wcope0412 Posts: 97 Member
    Looking great!!! Great job!!! That is something to be very proud of!!! Feel free to add
  • atekura89
    @wcope0412 thank you very much!
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Another twin mum here...my girls are almost 8 months, and I have a son who just turned 2. You look amazing! I have 10 years on you but truly believe I will do it this time :)
    I've only been on here for 25 days, and my exercise consists of grabbing a walk with the kids whenever I can. ..sometimes I'm sneaking out at night when everyone is snoozing...which is great :D
    What exercise have you been doing? I've set - up an instagram account to keep me motivated and track my journey @mummytummy2yummymummy. ..do you use instagram? Xx
  • atekura89
    Hey there @mrs_kitty_w
    I am on Instagram: my name is miss_ana_numa
    Yay another twin mum.. It's so hard the workouts in amen! But I've been doing the bikini body guide by Kayla Itsines.. I'm currently on week 10 of this 12 week programme round 2. And have maintained my new body so far. Follow me on Insta and I'll follow back.. I'm interested to follow your progress and hopefully help with inspiration or get some off you in return :)
    Nice to meet you, well virtually lol
  • aerchemist
    aerchemist Posts: 18 Member
    Way to go! Such a great story. I am a mom of 2 boys, 15 months apart, ages 2 and 3. And I can atest to the pressure moms have now to bounce back 2 days after giving birth. 9 days ago I tragically lost our third child due to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. My on had no clue up to the rupture and told me I was likely expecting twins. After emergency surgery and loss of my tube and precious child, I was glad to have my life. I am not glad to have the 10+ lbs I gained. It is a painful physical reminder of our angel sent to Heaven. I need some other moms to give me a little pep to get motivated to regain my health for my husband, sons, and self. Feel free to send me a friend request. I won't dwell on being sad, I just am giving back story as to what drives my weight loss goals. God Bless!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    My twins are now 21 (years lol), and my body is still a work in progress. Twins plus a c-section do a number on your body but I can wear a bikini even at my age and no one runs in fear :). You look really good and should be proud of your success!
  • atekura89
    @aerchemist trying to send you a friend request but apparently it's showing that you're an invalid user.. Strange
  • atekura89
    @Jelaan thank you so much
  • atekura89
    Ok odd.. My comments aren't being posted properly