20-somethings?

Options
Hey all. I know everybody on here is probably wonderful and full of motivation, but I was hoping to chat with a few new faces who might be in the same life position as me more or less. I graduated 3 years ago and I find myself caught between work commitments, wanting to have an active social life with nights out, drinks, etc, but maintain a healthy balance with gym and proper eating. Its hard! I gained 35 lbs a year ago and I'm still fighting to get back to what I was. I'm a French teacher by day. My current goal is to get back into the healthy bmi range. Name is Kristy. Anyway, say hi if you feel like more support!

Replies

• cuppykat
    cuppykat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Kristy, too. ^.^

I think I'm in a similar place. Between 2008 and mid-2011, I weighed 180 pounds because I was so stressed I binged a lot. Starting in the fall of 2011, I began meeting with a trainer once a week and by graduation in Spring 2012, I weighed 145. By the following spring, I was 133. Annnnd now I'm ~150 and have been taking grad classes that thankfully just ended. I want to be able to relax and read and still be able to go do fun things but I gotta fit exercise time in there and somehow figure out how to eat outside my home without overdoing it.
  • FCFitness75
    FCFitness75 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm 23 and I know exactly what you mean. I go to the gym at least three times a week, try to eat as clean and as healthily as possible and count my calories, yet I also try and juggle nights out at bars/clubs and restaurants. It's so hard! Over the last couple of months I've been checking out menus and calories online before going out for a meal, choosing something from the lower calorie range and working out my day's allowance around it, which has definitely helped a lot. I've also banned myself from beer and wine (the odd glass of vino I let slip, but not like I was before!) and instead I drink spirits with diet mixers. Stopping the higher calorie alcohol has definitely made a difference to my weight loss progress, plus I also know exactly how many calories are in a single/double so I log the amount of drinks I expect to have before hitting the bar. Hope these tips help a bit!
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 25 and trying to lose the weight I slowly gained over the years. Add me!
  • sewhite90
    sewhite90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a 24 year old woman about to get my master's degree. I unfortunately gained weight over three years of grad school after being pretty healthy and I'm looking to get back on track. Feel free to add me :)
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and went up and down for the last couple years. Add me please!! Looking to finally get down to a healthier weight!
  • avotarian
    avotarian Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some more active friends on MFP. I'm 26, I've achieved my original goal weight (lost about 25 lbs) and am happy to lose a few more pounds and/or maintain. prob going to move my focus towards body recomp soon. please feel free to add me! (and please send a msg if you haven't posted here!) thanks :)
  • Alethea_02
    Alethea_02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm 21 and am currently trying to lose weight. I'd also like to have more friends on MFP to get that motivation!! Feel free to add me!!
  • mollyya90
    mollyya90 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm 25 and went from graduating high school weighing 115lbs now I'm 200. I lost 45 pounds 2 years ago doing MFP and I stress eat. I go to school, work and yes go out quite a bit! Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm 22yo law student.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Im 26 and teach, feel free to add me anyone x
  • RhondaNicole17
    RhondaNicole17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I know everybody on here is probably wonderful and full of motivation, but I was hoping to chat with a few new faces who might be in the same life position as me more or less. I graduated 3 years ago and I find myself caught between work commitments, wanting to have an active social life with nights out, drinks, etc, but maintain a healthy balance with gym and proper eating. Its hard! I gained 35 lbs a year ago and I'm still fighting to get back to what I was. I'm a French teacher by day. My current goal is to get back into the healthy bmi range. Name is Kristy. Anyway, say hi if you feel like more support!

I have such a similar scenario. I'm 25, working 50+ hours a week makes it tough to eat right. I gained about 30 pounds since college and it's gotta go! Let's help each other!