Question for all the moms out there!

Options
SammyPacks
SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
Hey... my name is Samantha... and I'm 18 and soon I'm going to be heading out for college in July...

NOW... I have a huge question... I want to do something great for my mom just to show all my appreciation for everything she's has done for me... especially lately. What would you moms think is a good idea as to what I should get/do for my mother? :P

Replies

• Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    How sweet are you?!! What a lovely idea.
    Im a mum, but all I really want is a clean house for more than one day and no back chatting lol. My boys are also 3.5 lol.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Copy what you just wrote and give it to her :happy: I know my mom just likes to know she's appreciated, doing/done a good job and is loved.
    I'd like to help from personal experience, but my daughter is 4 and I'd be happy if she just didn't throw a tantrum any time I said something she didn't want to hear :laugh:

You're a sweet daughter! I'm sure your mom knows, but it's always nice to hear!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    A spa day and coming home from it to a clean house. And tell my kids to do the same! LOL
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    How awesome are you!? It took me until my sophomore year of college to really appreciate my parents! But to be honest there is nothing better than hearing the words come of out your child's mouth that they are thankful or appreciate you! My son is only 5, but we have taught him pretty well, he makes me feel good about myself every day! It's amazing what a little person can learn :)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi Moms like anything as long as it is given with love. You can go out for lunch and then go have a Mother Daughter photo taken. Then get Matching frames one for her and one for you. A day to remember
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    frame a nice new picture of yourself, taken just for her.. and write on the frame or the back of frame, the types of sentiments you want her to know... she will treasure it, i promise *S*
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My girls are little also, but I do think a hand-written note or card with your heartfelt appreciation will mean the world to her. That, and maybe a special day out, just the two of you (shopping, pedicures, whatever you like to do).
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    Well, I'm the queen of sap when it comes to my kids, lol. How about making her a scrapbook with photos of you over the years? It would give her something to look at when she is missing you. :flowerforyou:
  • nurse_carolyn
    nurse_carolyn Posts: 348
    Options
    Tell your mom that you will do everything for your own children that she has done for you. This is how the family cycle continues:)
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    *sniffle, sniffle* Very sweet of you. With you leaving for college maybe a memento she hold and look at when she is missing you-- a short heart-felt letter, a photo album of the two of you, a digital picture frame, a small charm for her key chain, etc.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    My kids are also young, but I think it would be nice to take her for mani/pedis, lunch and a movie. Or a spa day or something to pamper her and enjoy the day together. :)
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A CLEAN HOUSE!!! Yes Please!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I agree with several suggestions - a photo of the two of you together, a clean house, and telling her you appreciate her. There really isn't a bad suggestion here.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Write her a letter and tell her how you feel. Gifts are nice, but they don't last forever. The letter is something she can treasure forever. Maybe let her read it in front of you so you can say things face to face as well. You're such a sweet daughter! At 18, I was nowhere near as mature as you. It took me several more years to fully appreciate my mom.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of a 17 year old...I love pictures of my daughter (especially one of the 2 of us together)...maybe find one and put it in a nice frame with a personal msg engraved on the frame...and one other idea, I love getting pedicures with my daughter!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful thought. I'm sure whatever you decide to do, you mother will feel your love. I have an 11 year old. I love it when she makes a homemade card or writes a letter. I think a letter of appreciation with highlights of special moments the two of you shared would be great. Another thought: a video of pictures of times together.

:flowerforyou: Good luck with the gift and with college. I'm sure your mother is proud of you.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My girls are little also, but I do think a hand-written note or card with your heartfelt appreciation will mean the world to her. That, and maybe a special day out, just the two of you (shopping, pedicures, whatever you like to do).

I agree. I would love to have a handwritten note telling me that I am appreciated and loved. Although a day shopping and a trip to the spa would be nice also.
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I bet your mom already knows how how much you appreciate her! Write her a letter telling her how much she means to you, take her to lunch-just the two of you-give her the letter and ask her to wait until after you've left for school before she opens it. This will give her something she can read and hold when she misses you.
    Mostly though-make sure you call/email/text her frequently while you are gone. No matter how old you get, you will always be her baby.
    I hope my daughter turns out as wonderful as you.
    Good luck.
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A mani-pedi is always a welcome treat, but if you want to really thank her let her know what an impact she has made in your life. A handmade book of stories...little things you remember which made a big difference would really let her know how much you appreciate all she has done for you. A photo dvd or a dinner date with her grown up daughter might be other alternatives.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'll be thinking about it a lot between now and June 11th (that's when I want to do something for her) and I'll probably give her a letter/picture like you guys suggested before I leave for college... she cries over ANYTHING with any emotion related haha... so I should tell her to open it when she goes home xDDD!

Thank youuu all from the bottom of my heart! I can't wait to surprise her haha