Advice and suggestions please!

Options
Hello!
I'm new to this losing weight and eating healthy thing and since working at McDonald's I'm afraid that my weight will get out of hand because I do eat there and the way my brain justifies this is by saying: "oh you walk, you'll be fine."

I know that isn't true.

And since I have no refrigerator I can't keep anything healthy for long, what foods would you recommend? And exercises that are easy on hips and back? Unfortunately mine hurt, so I'm kinda sinking here, please help!

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I work at McDonald's as well. A few things I've learned: on days i work, my activity level is active, which gives me quite a few more calories.

I use an insulated lunch bag and ice packs and take things like salads, greek yogurt cups, carrots and hummus, fruit, and sandwiches. Insulation and ice packs keep it cold enough until i get my break.

I have a nasty knee issue thanks to a car accident...stationary bikes are easy for me, as is swimming. Ellipticals are lower impact as well and might be an option. I walk a lot (used to run but had to lighten up on that because of the knee). If you don't have the money or time for a gym membership, there are low-impact workouts on YouTube that you can do. Fitness blender is good, for starters.

Good luck!

ETA all the weight I've lost has been since i started at McDonald's, and i do eat the occasional food from there (hard to pass up free food ALL the time, lol). So it's definitely possible and you can do it!
  • ria1yo
    ria1yo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have the same problem with my knees where to much force will cause It to hurt, I knew I was forgetting something when I was creating this topic. I never thought about using insulated and ice packs to keep things cold- I will definitely do that! And i will also look up those exercises, thanks a lot and I hope you have a good day!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating at McDonald's as long as you stay near your calorie goal. Don't justify overeating with your walking, rather track your activities, so you know what you can eat.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Pool exercises are good. Also look on YouTube for chair exercises.