Bouncing back after losing an unborn child

Need some encouragement to focus my energy on getting in better shape for my husband, boys, and myself. Would like to direct my efforts in a positive way towards losing 15 to 20 lbs for a September event. I will be cleared from recovery to workout again in about 5 weeks. In the meantime, going to focus on diet. Any takers for trying to work together to lose some weight before fall and feel better about ourselves?? Good luck!

Replies

• sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Sorry for you loss. Friend request me if you like
  • aerchemist
    aerchemist Posts: 18 Member
    It is a difficult loss for our family to endure, but we trust in the Lord's Plan, and give praise for the many Blessings we do have. That said, it is a painful reminder to carry the weight, literally, from the pregnancy that I lost ... And that nearly caused me to lose my own life in the process. I NEED to get back my former shape. Not for vanity's sake, but to be the happy wife my husband deserves and the strong mommy my precious boys deserve. I will never forget the baby we lost, but I cannot go on having my body be a physical reflection of his or her tragic passing. Please, I need some friends, preferably other moms who could understand, that could join in with me on getting not just our shape but our HEALTH back, inside and out. God Bless!
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss! I suffered 4 miscarriages in the first trimester.
  • aerchemist
    Bless your heart. I cannot imagine. I have only had just this one ruptured ectopic, 9 days ago, and it is so hard.
    You are SO strong! Thank you for sharing something so personal. If you need another friend, I am here.
  • aerchemist
    P.S. Way to go on having lost almost 10 lbs!! That's great :)
  • snarfdart
    snarfdart Posts: 4 Member
    I lost a baby about a month ago and I instantly gained about 8 pounds from hysterical eating. I have put my energy into making myself the person I want to be-- I jumped right into working out and it's helped clear my mind a lot. Why do you have to wait 5 weeks if you don't mind me asking?
  • aerchemist
    The pregnancy was ectopic (the baby implanted on my left fallopian tube instead of utetus). As the child grew, he or she exploded my tube, which caused massive internal bleeding. I was rushed in an ambulance at 3 am from my home tp hospital and straight to emergency surgery and they had to stop bleeding and surgically remove my left tube entirely. I lost massive amounts of blood and am lucky to be alive. It was major surgery. So that is why. I am also not allowed to take a bath, go swimming, lift anything heavy, etc etc.
  • aerchemist
    I am very sorry for your loss as well.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    I lost my first born, she was still born and I was seven months pregnant. I have also had two miscarriages! I went on to have four healthy babies after that. So sorry for your loss! I know what it's like!
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    I lost my first baby when about 3 1/2 months along. It was one of the most gut wrenching things I have ever gone through. The Lord got me through that pain and eventually I had two sweet daughters. You will heal and get through it, but it is a very painful process.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    That's awful! I hope you will get your rainbow! Do you have other children? I have 5 boys: 21, 18, 9, 9, & 5.