no mess no butter or oil omelet

Options
I found a simple fix to the "omelet" issue. Ziplock bags and boiling water! I got this from a book and it is pretty interesting. All you do is add whatever you want into your omelet mix it together and seal it making sure the air gets out. Put into boiling water and in about 2 min it is done. Carefully remove the bag open and the omelet slides right out. This is a just as good with less fat option :)

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Interesting idea. I just mix mine up and microwave it in a glass bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
  • jtkelley420
    jtkelley420 Posts: 24
    Options
    Cooking with any plastics scare me cause of the chemicals in it. But it sound like a good way to cook without butter or oils.
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    I would be afraid that heating plastic that's not meant to be heated (like ziploc bags) would cause it to leach into the food. They keep warning us not to microwave in plastic or reuse plastic water bottles...the mainstream now agrees with the hippies that plastics are kind of volatile.

I think the 15 calories contained in a pat of butter might be preferable...but I do have a fat tooth.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Ziplock freezer bags are more durable.....
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i love the idea, but wouldn't do because of the chemical release. you have to be super careful. i don't even use plastic tupperware anymore, but invested in a glass set. i bought a Misto sprayer at Bed Bath and Beyond (and use olive oil in it) and it must use less than an 1/8 tsp oil for a good spray.....
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Ok.......so I learned something new :) or rather how chemically uneducated I am..... Thanks for bringing it to my attention:flowerforyou:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I thought using cooking spray I would save some calories, came to find out its almost the same calories as using regular oil. So went back to regular oil but use only half a tbsp instead of a whole one.