Big NSV for me

Options
Just a little backstory...I've always been athletic and was a runner/soccer player in high school. Between nursing school, a big move and divorce, a lot of weight has piled on despite playing indoor soccer and running here and there. I've changed my eating habits with some moderation of treats one or two evenings a week and tracking with MFP. I'm down 11 lbs so far and have 60 to go. Right now I run 3-4x/week and play indoor soccer 2x/week.

My NSV is doing a 5k last night faster than I have in 4 years! 34:52 time. When I was trying to lose weight last year my time was all the way up to 39 min to run a 5k. Ultimate goal is running a 5k in under 30 min, so I'll keep doing what I'm doing with weight loss and some speed and distance work. It feels good to see myself getting faster!

Replies

• cblack8
    cblack8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a great time!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. My 5k run time is now at around 26 minutes. If you do a lot of running, consider getting some good running shoes.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! Setting fitness goals is an excellent way to help keep your diet on track.

++++++++10000000000 on the good running shoes!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Great job :) trying to beat a pb is what got me hooked on running. It's a great addiction to have!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!