exercise equipment

Options
I have very limited space. Does anyone have any suggestions about small exercise equipment? I have some 10 lb weights and an exercise mat.
Can anyone give me a review on the ab roller? (For sit ups, not the wheel)

Replies

• cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love resistance bands both the loop and the ones with handles. I have different levels of resistance for them and you can seriously feel it the next day! They take no space. I have been sort of doing some of the workouts from tap out XT and those big fit guys with muscles all use the bands and are working it. Cheap too.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    adjustable dumbbells, yoga mat, resistance bands and loops. I don't know what an ab roller is.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Another vote for resistance bands. I was a little sceptical about them but as mentioned, you can certainly feel them work!
    Kettlebells are my favourite space saving workout equipment though.
  • Karayouthminister
    Karayouthminister Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The ab roller that I am referring to, helps you do crunches. You can also turn it over for tricep dips. They r about $30 at work (Walmart)
  • Karayouthminister
    Options
    I have seen kettle balls but aren't sure how the r used. Can't u just substitute weights? Or does the handle allow u to do a larger variety of exercise?
  • Karayouthminister
    Options
    adjustable dumbbells, yoga mat, resistance bands and loops. I don't know what an ab roller is.

What r adjustable dumbbells?
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Dumbells with little plates so you can adjust how heavy they are.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have seen kettle balls but aren't sure how the r used. Can't u just substitute weights? Or does the handle allow u to do a larger variety of exercise?

KB's allow a huge range of movement and cardio/weight exercise rather than just weight lifting. The design enables this and they are used in a somewhat different manner to ordinary free weights.

Have a look on YouTube at some routines for examples.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    The ab roller that I am referring to, helps you do crunches. You can also turn it over for tricep dips. They r about $30 at work (Walmart)
    Ab wheels (about $7 at Wal Mart) are a better choice. Crunches are overrated and an isolation exercise. Ab wheel roll outs are a compound exercise that can be modified for progressive overload.