Fitness trackers- Vivofit or Pivotal Living

Options
jjsita
jjsita Posts: 8 Member
I have wanted a fitness tracker for a long time and have always had my eye on the Fitbit. However, right now im really needing something to help motivate me, help me track my exercise better, and help me reach my goals as my deadlines are quickly approaching. for exercise I usually walk, do yoga, or hoping to get back into zumba. however right now my budget does not allow me to get exactly what I want to I have been doing some research on different brands. I have Narrowed it down to the Pivotal Living Band or the Garmin Vivofit. Pivotal is significantly cheaper and has 95 % of the things I would like, whereas the Vivofit has the same features AND connects to myfitness pal but is about double the cost.

Has anyone used either of these trackers? Were there any issues? did it satisfy all ur needs or was there something missing?

thank u for ur input and helping me decide.

Replies

• alekth
    alekth Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm fairly happy with my Vivofit 2. Although I must say I wasn't so pressed for the cheapest device and I ended up getting the Vivofit for its water resistance, excellent band clasp and 1 year battery life first (so I basically don't take it off, ever), me being already in the Garmin ecosystem with a running watch second, and lastly due to it using a separate HRM once I researched the performance of the new Fitbit Charge HR during a non-walking activity.

The one negative thing I have experienced so far is the iPhone app. Oh, they have fixed a lot of stuff about it, and it's still a pretty bad experience with things needing to be clicked and refreshed all over the place to show newer data, has a fairly bad overview of longer periods, and generally it's the weakest link. At this time the app's MFP calories update also doesn't really work, it doesn't refresh. Admittedly the actual sending of data to MFP works just fine and timely, which is way more important to me. Still, I have opted to use the Garmin connect website instead, which is much better with the data display (although at this time one still has to manually click refresh on the MFP panel to refresh the calories).

Pivotal is really cheap though, although it seems build quality has been reported rather flaky. But then again if it's $12 indeed, it can be a decent stopgap and potentially a throwaway.
  • kmt416
    kmt416 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have researched the Fitbit and the Garmin Vivofit recently and I purchased the Garmin. Best Buy has an online sale right now for the Vivofit ($59) originally ($99). You must mention the online sale because the in store sale is only down to $79. I purchased it yesterday, which isn't a lot of time but seems accurate so far. It is thicker and a little more bulky than the Fitbit Charge, but at half the price, I'm not complaining right now. I like how it syncs to MFP; however, I am having some issues getting it to sync correctly, but that could be user error.