DROID...app for tracking distance

Options
looking for suggestions for an app for tracking distance on my DROID

NOTE: preferably a FREE app

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    The C25k app tracks distance, not sure if there's a version for droid though... I have an iphone.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    BUMP.... I'm interested too....
  • sosborne73
    sosborne73 Posts: 106
    Options
    IMAPMYRUN
  • penn_ee
    penn_ee Posts: 6
    Options
    I usually map out distance before I go out - I use run.com as it covers all over the globe and seems to be pretty accurate and not too clunky
  • mommyofatoz
    mommyofatoz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper, the free version, to track how far I have walk/biked.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CuddlyGus
    CuddlyGus Posts: 1
    Options
    iMapMyRun is excellent. Has GPS capability, plus many other very useful features. There is a paid version, but most of the basic functionality is in the free one.
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cardio Trainer! It's free, it has an option to upgrade but the free version is loaded with features like google maps, music and voice output integration, workout schedule and reminders and widgets. Awesome free app!
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper as well... very awesome. I like to listen to Pandora with Runkeeper enabled because every five minutes it'll talk over the music and give you an update on your progress.
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I will look on the Droid marketplace later.
  • sonjon
    sonjon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper Pro is a free app. It uses gps and tracks your distance and lets you know your pace and the calories burned.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I like Cardio Trainer too.
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've used mapmyrun (works pretty decently) but I prefer EndoMondo... free app. :)
  • JulianDaley
    JulianDaley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I posted this a few weeks ago:

I've been testing a few different Android tracking apps recently and comparing their accuracy on distance. I start all the apps at the start of my walk and stop them all at the end. I then upload the map to Google and edit the track to remove any errors to get the actual distance. Here are some results as a percentage of the actual distance, averaged over a number of different walks (YMMV!)

Orus Maps 100%
    Run Keeper 101%
    Maverick 101%
    iMapMyRun 103%
    Cardio Trainer 106%
    Google My Tracks 108%
    Endomondo 117% (used to be better before version 4.1)

I have settled on Runkeeper and Maverick (for the offline maps support).

Hope this helps,
    Julian.

PS - This is running on an HTC Desire in the UK
  • Shmookalink
    Shmookalink Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have tried most of them but prefer the simplicity of MyTracks (http://mytracks.appspot.com/). Its open source, uses minimal resources, and syncs quickly and easily with my Gmail personal maps.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I'm using logyourrun on my iphone. It has the ability to switch between different exercise modes and is compatible with many HRMs (although I haven't gotten that far yet.) It's free!!
  • Jspiffy
    Jspiffy Posts: 15
    Options
    How accurate would you say google my tracks is? I just went on a walk and it said it was 4 miles which I have a hard time believing. I'll have to use the odometer in my truck to guess if it is close.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later reference. I don't run much...but if I ever do it'd be cool to have a list of exercise compatible applications lol.

For the record, I think my Ulysse Gizmo app logs distance, if that's all you're looking for. Free Android app.

Cris
  • Mike79k
    Mike79k Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use sports tracker. if you have a blue tooth harm u can link it to it. I used my tracks. it tends to loose gps and you dont know it if you mountain bike in heavy woods like me. I had it loose asmuch as 4 miles before. I have all so used bike track but didnt care much for it. I tried all the free ones and some of the payed and these 3 are by fair the best on the market. My vote goes to sports tracker with a close second to my tracks
  • Jspiffy
    Jspiffy Posts: 15
    Options
    Well I used it again this time in my truck. It registered 3.5 miles and I assume since I didn't do as much walking inside the store itself. I was going to use the odometer on the truck but I forgot half way there. So once again I will try, in the morning that is. The speed seemed to be accurate. The fastest I went was forty and it got that right. Maybe it is pretty reliable =]