hi, y'all!

Options
JanetMMcC
JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
I'm trying to reverse years of sitting and eating. stuff I shouldn't. the doc told me more than a year ago that I was edging perillously close to diabetes and should stop eating white carbs. Which meant no more candy on the way home from work or chips at lunch.

My eating habits had been so unhealthy that over a year I dropped from 207 to 167 without a lot of work. but the next 15 or 20 will be a lot harder. I've been going between 163 and 170 for about 6 months. Breaking through that barrier will take working out and thinking hard about what I eat. I made it to 145 with Weight Watchers 15 or 20 years ago, but got tired of obsessing about food and gained it all back and more.

I hope to find friends here to exchange encouragementv and help me keep up the work and slim down. I'll do the same for you.

Thanks,
Janet

Replies

• judi1063
    judi1063 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Janet. Your story sounds like mine. I went to the Dr feeling really scrappy. It was a new Dr and she was brutal about my weight. I had the screw you attitude!! I'll show you I thought! I went to the mall and walked and then to buy healthy food. This was in December. I continued to walk since then. I have lost 27# I am between 164-170. My goal is 140. I would like to have a friend to share the excitement and struggles. My friends want to lose weight but won't commit. I had to.

Have a great day!!
    Judi
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Judi!

I'm just starting to walk, and haveta admit I'm finding it a bit discouraging -- more than 3/4 of an hour of work for 200 calories. How do you keep motivated to walk? How did you start? I walked on my lunch half-hours 4 days the week before last, this week walked a mile to the office two days after jury duty, and this weekend -- the first time I've walked on my days off -- walked 47 minutes alone and 15 minutes with the man in my life on Friday, and just got in from 48 minutes alone.

Actually, what got me walking was the discovery that the iPhone I was assigned for work had been acting as a pedometer since mid-April without my knowing it.

But I've always been much better at starting this sorta thing than keeping it up. Which worries me.